Thread: Linux Mint 11 is unstable

Linux Mint 11 is unstable

I have been facing freezing incidents frequently when I utilize firefox. Mostly i noticed it while composing an extended answer on facebook. Not only that but the entire framework stops, not actually the firefox. Bigsupport in video card performance however. No more hesitate also some overheating on the ATI card.

Re: Linux Mint 11 is unstable

Well, I would like to help you state that I moreover had a great deal of this kind of situations with mint 11. I am sure my solution will help you. Reliable “freezes” where framework wouldn’t react for numerous minutes (or to any detectable degree till I did a hard reboot), the battery life on my netbook dropped from around 2:30hrs with debian, ubuntu 10.04 and opens utilize, to about 1:30. Usually every day it crashes in nautilus, and a few alternate eccentricity.

On the other hand I don’t think this is the flaw or a drawback of the mint developer group, they have constantly made a fabulous job! .I think the situation is ubuntu. It's turning to disappointment. Newly, each version of ubuntu comes notably more carriage and unstable than the past one. Well there's the situation and then I’m not speaking of Unity, and subsequent to mint is dependent upon ubuntu.

the developer of Linux mint as a deferential proposal to, I would give just about anything to prescribe that they regard modifying their upstream distro, put more center on LMDE (dependent upon debian), but on the Stable form of debian (not testing). Of every last trace of the distros I attempted (and ibe attempted all major ones), debian has been to me, the most unbelievably stable ROCK SOLID distro ibe ever utilized. The explanation I don’t utilize it is being as how I recognize it an errand to do even the most drastically essential graphics, its practically inconceivable (I never might) get flash introduced (the non unlimited, adobe flash! not the open root one), and in across the board too tricky to oversee. Actually it worked out to me could be a mint distro like LMDE more cleaned, with every last trace of the products we approach anticipate of mint, but dependent upon debian stable.

What makes me think is that if a true debian build would be better. BUT, as it stands mint 11 has surpassed my ubuntu 11.04 experience 100 fold. A LMDE gnome is sounding better to me as well.

It's positively too disappointing for ubuntu, not just do there buggy Linux Mint 11, but far more terrible, they damage the notoriety of every last trace of Linux! exceptionally following most obviously people trying to give Linux a shot, will ground on ubuntu, move toward getting disappointed, run back to windows, and chat with all their partners about how "Linux" is considerably more unconstant and carriage than windows. There is no doubt that its totally a miserable issue.

Considering with every last trace of the reviews of Ubuntu 11.04, I need to ponder why Kubuntu 11.04 is almost bug unlimited and absolutely stable. Obviously the Kubuntu developers are similar to the Mint developers in resolving a significant number of the bugs that go with the " parent " distro. Concerning the stability of Mint 11, I've been utilizing it forasmuch as this initial discharge hopeful I installed, and the just bug I have encountered is the compiz bug with the vanishing window controls. Noticing that I don't typically utilize compiz, its not the reason behind keeping on situation for me possibly I'm just favored with equipment that is flawlessly straightened or directly with Mint.

Debian is just isn’t favorable with Ubuntu for desktops. Display is there but purpose isn’t. It's OK, fast and responsive, but so is Arch and I am not going to recommend Arch to any of my friends when Windows crashes. Mint could require more assets and developers if they would have liked to make LMDE similar to Ubuntu they would be able to for apparatuses that different debian based distros have utilized, or port tools that ubuntu based distros have utilized.

I never even utilized the beta kernel. Suspect it has a part to do with it not even to attempt it out. I even now knew 2.6.38-8 had a large number of issues. So it was the first to go. The fit method is to utilize a humble project called kernelcheck. I never even utilized the beta kernel its the least demanding compile.

As far after concerning the stability troubleshoot in 11, I then installed version 9, but had some hang-up with networkmanager, and the interpretations (I utilize Spanish language) appear incomplete. Some dialogs have parts in English and some in Spanish. I know beyond all doubt that the network administrator issue is a upstream (in particular ubuntu) issue, on the other hand the interpretation situation is not in ubuntu clear.

After testing it for a longer time,I installed version 11, and I still have constant errors, nautilus windows actually vanish without any error message, at times when opening the menu, the entire framework will "stop" for a few moments, and 2 times it dint "un- freeze " whatsoever. I had to keep the power button for 5 secs to shutdown and restart.