Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Compiz not working in Linux Mint 11

Operating Systems

Old 17-11-2011

Compiz not working in Linux Mint 11

In Mint11 RC Compiz doesn't function as it should, it crashes the windows roles. The card with which it happens: Graphics: Card nVidia G92 [GeForce GT 230] X.Org 1.10.1 Res: 1920x1080@50.0hz GLX Renderer GeForce GT 230/PCI/SSE2 GLX Version 3.3.0 NVIDIA 270.41.06 and that happens with both given choices in extra drivers program.

Old 17-11-2011

re: Compiz not working in Linux Mint 11

I have brought some Compiz plugin which doesn't work properly on this graphics card. I would like to suggest you to disable all effects/plugins in CompizConfig then after that attempt again (and recall which ones were turned on) when doing this, enable one effect during that timeframe and look depending on if it still works OK. After following this step you will get to know which impact is bringing such kind of setback in windows.
Old 17-11-2011

According to me i don't agree so nothing the issue with the card, on the other hand at present the news that the Compiz people are searching for keys to every last trace of the situations that a great deal of individuals have. I have tested some things and can declare that it happens in Mint whenever the Compiz-plugins-additional is utilized from Synaptic. In all different scenarios things go great. Notwithstanding a different thing that makes things happen is the last Nvidia driver, as per the brand new on alternate sites. This kind of drivers give loads of issues to individuals. Recently I am waiting for a preferred driver.
Old 17-11-2011

From many days i have been noticing that NVidia has unfailingly been bringing about issues. Previous drivers had situations with suspending; the drivers of final year had situations with installing (and removing) at many individuals (incorporating me). Yet I haven't attempted using the 27x drivers, but it that does not mean that they aren't bug- free.
Old 17-11-2011

1. This is a not a video card issue but a Compiz setback.
  2. After Attempting running "gtkperf" when utilizing compiz and see how intense the graphics are.
  3. Following I’ve prepared compiz on 3 diverse systems with 3 better graphics cards and the situation is the same.
  4. For a temporary workaround switch from compiz to metacity and enable composting.
  5. There is a possibility that you might loose your data, but your system runs much smoother.
Old 17-11-2011

Today only I have installed Mint 11 and whenever I utilize compiz I had the same kind of situations. When a few hours I removed compiz and my windows stoped crashing (I was unable to move, resize, or close windows and the symbols vanished). I hold a MSI RX2600XT Diamond Plus Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-cycle Video Card. I collect this is a Compiz bug. When that I got a small The 'Window Decorator' impact appears to be turned off suddenly. Every single thing is back to ordinary working with this one turned on in Compiz.
Old 17-11-2011

You've must have possibly perceived that not all the Compiz plugins function as they utilized to in Linuxmint 10 and altering some of the default Compiz settings consequences in a significant few bugs. According to me this might be settled by downgrading Compiz to form 0.8.6.
Old 17-11-2011

• From a brand new Mint 11 fix.
  • Open Compiz Manger > Desktop > Enable Desktop Cube
  • Desktop Wall will dissent > Disable Desktop Wall
  • You Compiz & window settings are now hosed > Don't Fret
  • Compiz Manager ought to still be open.
  • Select General > General Options > Desktop Size
  • Set Horizontal to 4 (Cube)-set both Vertical Virtual and Number of Desktops to 1
  • Backtrack to Compiz > Desktops > Enable Rotate Cube (Don't arrange yet)
  • Now back to Compiz > Effects > Enable Window Decoration (Don't arrange yet)
  • At last back to Compiz > Window Management
  • From here prepare your standard parts for example Move Window, Resize, Maximumize and so on
  • It wont work yet but you're close. Now Restart
  • It might as well work from here on and you could probably prepare every last trace of the different gorgeous sight as regular and so on
Old 17-11-2011

I would like to let you all know that with me the Windows decorator is on but still the Windows does not sees it. Also, I introduced Cairo Dock. Now when I put the cursor on top of a symbol of a running system I do get a preview. I have removed the board or you can say deleted the board so I cannot check it anymore in the event that it works there, but with the dock it works smoothly.
Old 17-11-2011

As far as I am concerned you should verify the "Command" indicated following clicking Window Decorator in Compiz is situated to compiz-decorator and not gtk-window-decorator.
Old 18-11-2011

For those who have this kind of situation then you could try the below to make emerald work following Compiz alter, due to division fault:
  • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:malteworld/compiz
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get upgrade

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,