Thread: Need suitable Linux distro for Lenovo ThinkPad X200

Need suitable Linux distro for Lenovo ThinkPad X200

I buy this Lenovo ThinkPad X200 laptop in last week and I found in some article that there are few linux distro available onto it. in that case, please let me know that which is best linux distro available onto this laptop system. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this issue.

Re: Need suitable Linux distro for Lenovo ThinkPad X200

I had to read this story Lenovo analyst: Linux on netbook’s is doomed" several times and most of the users who has been posted there comment on this article they suggest me that use the openSUSE on it. You can try openSUSE onto your Lenovo laptop system. Hence I would be say that try to do this complex task and check what result arrives onto this laptop system. This will be work and in result you can found this best result on your Lenovo laptop system.

Quote Originally Posted by aSITA View Post
    I had to read this story Lenovo analyst: Linux on netbook’s is doomed" several times and most of the users who has been posted there comment on this article they suggest me that use the openSUSE on it. You can try openSUSE onto your Lenovo laptop system. Hence I would be say that try to do this complex task and check what result arrives onto this laptop system. This will be work and in result you can found this best result on your Lenovo laptop system.
    OpenSUSE is a general purpose operating system built on top of the Linux kernel that works onto this Lenovo laptop system. You need to try this thing and check what result arrives onto your laptop system. As I am expecting my Lenovo T61, I have been doing some research about Linux and particularly Linux on the Lenovo will be able to run any applications. Hence I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

Installing SuSE 11.1 (x64) on this mentioned Lenovo ThinkPad X200 laptop also works solid. You can check its performance after installing on your laptop. there are few reviews also provide the information that there is not any installation problem arrives onto it. hence I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it. you need to perform the clean installation task on it if you want best result on your laptop system. Before doing any complex task on it, I would be say that first backup your system data and then try this thing. It is helpful to you for avoiding any future problem.

Ubuntu 9.04 on this Lenovo thinkpad x200 also best choice. There are several user like the performance as well as overall GUI facility of the Ubuntu after the windows system. Hence I would be say that this is also alternative choice of windows on this laptop.

I use Mint, a good distro. Why don't you try this Linux based OS on your laptop. this is best OS and it will be provide you the proper guidance about how to access the proper functionality and its related application with this laptop system.

I've run Mint 11 off a thumb drive as well as Kubuntu 11.04. you can check its installation on your laptop. Kubuntu 11.04 Beta 2 sports the latest KDE software including KDE Platform on Lenovo. Hence I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it. Kubuntu is an official Ubuntu OS using the KDE Plasma Desktop instead of the Unity graphical environment. The desktop CD allows you to try Kubuntu without changing your computer at all. Hence if you already hold the desktop CD, it helpful to you for doing this installation task on your laptop system. Try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

Kubuntu has a large community for online solutions and specific help. If you installed Kubuntu on your laptop with or without any issues, first take advice of the official site expert person. Expert has knowledge about this OS and its performance on the respective laptop system. Hence I would be say that try this thing first and then do the respective Linux distro installation task onto it.