Thread: Need help for installing windows 7 on Linux machine

Need help for installing windows 7 on Linux machine

I have been trying from the last some days and I have done this installation before a years a ago, I want to play a Diablo 2 and the other some game which s not supporting in the linux and getting some error while try to install so I am having an oc machine that can handle it that I want to install the sun vb machine that I have to followed it should to walk thru and done everything then after I can get up to the bit after you make the download then I try to open vb and I dent have it

re: Need help for installing windows 7 on Linux machine

I just installed a LM10 onto a PC with a similar Specs 8000Mb ram && 3000Mhz cpu && 1000Gb hard drive etc. can did i face a problem in sun java 6x installed and it should be working at A. it okk and in synaptic but it never a simple install is that what you means?

If you are had shutdown facing issue from the virtual server which is "Windows Virtual PC" then it could perhaps be the graphics mode for the XServer configuration. You may try with the option text-based installer to install the guest OS in 16-bit. If that doesn't help then it maybe the incompatibility with the Host 64-Bit "Windows Virtual PC" and the 32-Bit Ubuntu installer. Try the x86_64 distribution. I have a test machine that I will try to simulate the problem you're having and provide a resolution; if found.

I tried frequently to install Linux Xandros on the Virtual PC in Windows 7, using equally the disk and the image (ISO) file, but was not capable to complete the installation. The installation starts, it checks for peripherals, hardware, etc. and after that it stalls into a black oversized screen. Am I missing something? What should I look for? Why does it end into an oversized black screen instead of progressing with the actual installation of Xandros?

hi everybody firstly I’m new on like this work but i installed linux ubuntu and pardus on virtual pc then it worked i created a new virtual machine on virtual pc and part a new side on my harddisk then i put Linux ubuntu cd on cd/dvd room..then also i getting the same problem

I got some suggestions for taming an Ubuntu installation under Virtual PC, though I don't know if the suggestions will help. I no longer have the Ubuntu virtual machine up and running, so I'm not able to test at this time?

HaloFX, while are you receiving the similar error message when it will be shut down? So when you get a virtual pc to run that may you want to just go for the virtual box which it can be free virtualization software that is working well

Perhaps I am supposed to have been clearer in my reply. I was asking Halifax to try equally things let me recognize if present are any errors and give Virtual Box (which, like Virtual PC, is free) a whirl. If Virtual Box works and Virtual PC doesn't, that not only gives us another diagnostic data point, but also opens an alternative tool that HaloFX can use.

Does Andros present the choice to switch the display resolution or color depth while you boot the installer? If so. Then no excuses' idea should help you (try a 16-bit color depth for the display resolution). If Andros has a text-mode installer, that may work as well.

I have a mini display to DVI connection bought starting the apple store and a DVI to HDMI connecting to my TV. I can’t obtain the TV to connect. The blue screen comes twice and not anything happen. My friend has a DVI connection on his older Mac book Pro. He be able to connect to the TV with no troubles with the DVI to HDMI wire.

While I just thinking about the Linux machine then after I buy a latest machine that which I presently started with the unbuntuM as soon that will not allow me to change any setting or the any file system so like to find for the virtual that can be going to use on ubuntu initiate boot cd. And then I successfully install but I have an issue that when we try to set a virtual ubuntu it is functioning on windowed screen not on full screen.

covetus3090 Guest

HI FRIENDS
    i like tell a simple thing that if you are getting trouble in installation of windows operating system on linux, for this just download virtual box from oracle site and then you can use both os on same time and at same pc.