Thread: Error message “Catalog file: incorrect valence ” on Apple Mac mini

Error message “Catalog file: incorrect valence ” on Apple Mac mini

I am having Apple Mac mini at my home and before today all things are working very fine in this. But today I get the problem with this and the problem is that: when I tried to run the TechTool on my Mac mini at that time I get that this gives the error message as:
    “Catalog file: incorrect valence ”

I am not getting over here that why this thing is happening to me and what can I do to try to resolve all this problem. Can here anyone tell me that what this is happening with me?? An also suggest me if here anyone have the suggestion about this.

Re: Error message “Catalog file: incorrect valence ” on Apple Mac mini

Ok, in your case if the volume structure routines of TechTool do not bring your drive then at that time you will need to recover the files, and after the recovery, you will need to save them to the other drive. And also this is happening to you because TechTool is telling you this all things, there is possibility of losing the data and f]or that reason only TechTool is informing you about this. And to get resolve this, I will suggest you to follow the instructions and recover your files to another drive.

Yes, I understand over here that what you are trying to say in your reply, thanks for suggesting me for the backup. And here I would like to say that yes, I thought to have a backup drive. But at this tiimei am not having any backup drive, so I am backing up my most important files to MediaFire. But here also I get that I am not able to backup to the external drive. I am not getting here that what is wrong with the Mac Mini, and what should I do about it? And yes, if this is necessary to get the backup drive then for that, I will purchase this. Please suggest me some way to doing this thing if you know. And also if anyone also is getting the same problem with Apple mac mini then also reply me here.

Ok, for that reason can you reply me about the technical stuff of your Apple mac mini system?? After getting this type of the information, this will be easy to me to help you.

Sure dude, Here is the technical stuff:

• Model identifier: Macmini1,1
    • Processor: 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo
    • Memory: 1.25 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I am also having Apple Mac mini and with this I am using Tech Tools. After reading your problem over here. I can say that there will be two possibility related with this which are given as:

• You have filesystem corruption which Disk Utility might be able to fix if you ran a repair disk operation, otherwise may require you to format the drive
    • Your HDD is on its way out and this is the first sign of that.

Thanks for replying me about that. But let me tell you that I have also did run Disk Utility but still this also not helped me in this case. When I ran this at that time I get that both Verify disk and Repair disk buttons were grayed out, and for that only I clicked Verify disk permissions and there I found long list of unhappy permissions. And while trying to resolve this problem, I have also tried with the running the extended hardware test from the install disk but this also reported me no trouble found. Now, for getting resolve this problem, now I am thinking to reinstall the OS. What you will say for this decision??

Ok, here you are getting the message as no trouble found. And let me tell over here that this message indicates the TechTool error report, confirming your lack of trust in that diagnostic. Or else this should be telling for the other possible problem related with this. Me too also having this problem and for getting resolve this I have tried with the so many of the suggestion but nothing helped me.

To resolve this problem, I will say over here that you will need to boot from your install DVD and then run Disk Utility off the Utilities menu to be able to do a repair disk. And also before doing this thing, be sure that you cannot do this form your boot drive. And also you will need to do the Apple Hardware Test which will really help you to configure that which is what's on the install disc is only marginally better than TechTools IMO. And also while doing this, you see the menu bar appear at the top. At that time go to the Utilities menu and you should see Disk Utility listed. And there if you get any problem related with this then you will not need to reinstall the OS just try to repair that error and I am sure that you will get that your problem to be get resolve.

Yes, I tried with the suggestion which you have given over here and found that all seems to be going all right, thanks for such great suggestion about this. And now I have decided to get the external backup drive so that if in future I get this type of the problem then at least I can try with the backing up the data.

I think that you are getting this type of the problem because of the TechTool only, and for getting resolve this you may also need to try to download the other version of the TechTool and install this in your system. Hope that at that time you will get no any problem related with this.

But I am also having the Apple Mac mini and I had also get the same error while I have tried with the running the TechTool on my Mac mini. For getting resolve this, I have tried with the so many of the suggestion from the other forums but still I get that they are not working properly for me. And even I have tried with the above suggestion but this also not helped me to work properly. Please reply me back why this suggestion is not working for me only. Above user have also tried with the same steps and he get his all problem to be get resole?? Please reply me back about this.