Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to upgrade 10.5.8 to Mac OS X Lion with new internal MBP Drive

Operating Systems

Old 15-11-2011

How to upgrade 10.5.8 to Mac OS X Lion with new internal MBP Drive

Been trying to bring my 17 "MacBook Pro Core2Duo in the 21st century, but the lack of 90GB disk space is small so it is difficult. Not enough space on it to load the new operating system or backup of my iPhone 16 GB.

I have a blank disk 500 GB Momentus XT hybrid ready to use, and I would go from OS 10.5.8 to Lion. I have the installation DVD of Snow Leopard as well. I can ask her advice on the best "way to perform this update on the steps?

Old 15-11-2011

Re: How to upgrade 10.5.8 to Mac OS X Lion with new internal MBP Drive

If you have an enclosure for the new or the previous unit, it is suggested that the new unit . Lion and his installation of iLife applications, etc. on that drive (while in the outer shell), then perform the exchange of disk hardware. Once done, reboot with the new-fangled drive in the MBP, then drag and drop files from the disk (UED as an external drive) on the new-fangled disk (installed on the MBP), including iPhoto library, and iTunes library.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , ,