Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-11-2011

Unable to save user preferences in Mac OS X Lion

From the lion update my user preferences are not saving. In Mail, to keep the setting to display classic view, but defaults back the next time I use it. In iTunes, With Snow Leopard I would have been deleted plist files, but they seem missing in lion. I would have thought that Apple has classified issues like this before launching a new operating system!
Old 15-11-2011

Re: Unable to save user preferences in Mac OS X Lion

However, unfortunately, this process related to the terminal does not work why none of my purchased applications will not load at each login, even after you save the list in System Preferences. I have yet to manually open each one through the launch pad each time - and honestly it's very annoying that a lot of times not even open - wasting time and money in the purchase and download.

This trouble did not arise until we went to Lion OSX and I would have thought that Apple has shipped an update to fix for now.
Old 17-11-2011

Re: Unable to save user preferences in Mac OS X Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniela View Post
However, unfortunately, this process related to the terminal does not work why none of my purchased applications will not load at each login, even after you save the list in System Preferences. I have yet to manually open each one through the launch pad each time - and honestly it's very annoying that a lot of times not even open - wasting time and money in the purchase and download.

This trouble did not arise until we went to Lion OSX and I would have thought that Apple has shipped an update to fix for now.
If that does not help that I have found it less frustrating whipe my hard drive completely, given that you backup all the important things in something like a time capsule anyway somewhere outside.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,