Thread: Siri for Mac OS X Lion available or not

Siri for Mac OS X Lion available or not

I have heard somewhere that siri will be soon available for Mac OS X Lion. I don’t know whether this news is true or not. Anyone here who got any info on this. Please reply here.

Re: Siri for Mac OS X Lion available or not

Quote Originally Posted by Patcy View Post
    I have heard somewhere that siri will be soon available for Mac OS X Lion. I don’t know whether this news is true or not. Anyone here who got any info on this. Please reply here.
    Apple says, know nothing about Siri, apart from connection with the Apple iPhone 4S i am Only be acquainted with it. i dont think siri will come to Mac os x lion. They have not made any announcements so far.

I think that Siri will end on the desktop of a number of reasons, accessibility being a major player here. Imagine a computer that is fully usable by blind people! That would be awesome. Not to mention the benefits of others. Just Google something or asks you to perform tasks in other programs.

I think it would be one of the main features of a new operating system, not just an update 10.7.3, etc. on Mac almost certainly debut at 10.8 or later. The included speech recognition OS 10.7 and earlier versions is rather incomplete. I am English and don’t be familiar with my voice, if not I got an American accent! So it's not great. I can see all of this is improving / replaced with Syria in the near future.

Siri on the desktop would be a step closer to what you saw in Iron Man, which is essential in the not too distant future. Imagine that once Siri is integrated into the TV, car, or appliances. This changes the whole thing!

I agree, which will eventually (or some other technology close to it) on your television, etc. I know that Steve Jobs was working on a fully integrated TV, and if we compare the progress made by Microsoft and Xbox "Natal" project Kinnect, too often I find myself wishing I could pause or change the channels of Live TV using voice commands.

I am sure that in time, the apple is a way to SIRI or something comparable to integrate with X10 home automation, a technology that is yet to gain a firm footprint in everyday life nevertheless around waiting for something like this to take off.

The main reason for this has not been done is that it requires constant internet connectivity. At this point, the phones are the only devices that have that. Also I have no idea how much of the computing capacity that new data center is already being used.