Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Programs frequently request for password in Mac OS X Lion

Operating Systems

Old 14-11-2011

Programs frequently request for password in Mac OS X Lion

OS keychain asks me for mail, address book and Safari. This did not start immediately after installation of Lion, but I wonder if these updates are performed when the Lion group programs are downloaded. I have experienced these settings changed in previous versions of OSX, but have always been able to find a cure. I'm stuck at this point.

I wonder if anyone can talk about the shape and form established for this kind of thing. The problem is that I like to fix things and may have done worse.

Old 14-11-2011

Re: Programs frequently request for password in Mac OS X Lion

Open Keychain Access in the Utilities folder. Select Repair keychain in Keychain Access menu. Select the "Repair-key", enter the administrator password and click the Start button. See if this solves the trouble.
Old 14-11-2011

It seems that may have invalidated the signatures of application code. To find out, start the Terminal application and copy or drag - not write - the following line in the window:

Code:
Applications/Mail.app: valid on disk
/Applications/Mail.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement
Old 14-11-2011

Before doing this is that it invalidates the code means that firms must have entered something incorrectly in the terminal. Or it could have happened otherwise. I hear of these things to understand the context of the trouble and the explanation.
Old 14-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticod View Post
Before doing this is that it invalidates the code means that firms must have entered something incorrectly in the terminal. Or it could have happened otherwise. I hear of these things to understand the context of the trouble and the explanation.
This would mean that the application package is damaged. Guess what might have happened would be mere speculation on my part.
Old 14-11-2011

I have followed his trail but seems to be a missing link. The result of clicking Keychain Access application I get the keys. There seems to be no such thing as "repair keychain. Would you care to try this and see if this is something missing..

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,