Thread: In MacBook pro Mac OS X LION System temporary freezes

In MacBook pro Mac OS X LION System temporary freezes

Since updating my MacBook Pro OSX Lion, my system suffers from intermittent freezing. These frosts are not the same as the others mentioned here; they do not affect start-up or logging, or troubles with video playback.

During these episodes the following is always true: RAM is not accessible. At least one quarter of the provision. No system is not running a lot of applications. No more than I used to run in Snow Leopard. A coworker also has a MacBook Pro and is located in Lion, and had no freezes at all. We compared run applications, and are no different.

Re: In MacBook pro Mac OS X LION System temporary freezes

I've also been experiencing similar problems. I have my MBP Lion, and also in an iMac. The problem only seems to be on the MBP, as anyway. When this happens, I have sometimes made it to the Activity Monitor. Everything seems to be related to high disk activity. But sometimes there are processes that run very hot. Has varied that are showing up at the top: Safari, "mds", and I have FaceTab Pro (the most recent appearance was freezing high FaceTab CPU along with a drop of FaceTab).

one of these events occurs. Go to / Applications / Utilities / Console.app, launch and copy and paste the record for the event here.SO let me know your exact trouble

Did you know a clean install or an upgrade of Lion through SN? What is the console saying? (Applications> Utilities) to keep it open until it freezes and paste the errors once more in the forum. And, of course, you should look at the Activity Monitor as well.

My installation was an upgrade from SL through the AppStore for Mac.Frostbite happens when the CPU is not very abundant, and there is still available RAM. I’ll post the console.log when it happens again requested by macjack maybe that will help

So I pulled over and found a utility application that is installed called "free memory 2" from the appstore is running in the background and had a setting called "auto" enabled. So I changed the setting off, and also stopped automatically load at startup, and shut down.

So far does not freeze over. I suspect that I found the culprit. I will be using the machine all day, so keep an eye on him, and if freezing occurs only once, I will immediately recognize, and report for more info. But I'm very confident that the trouble can be found.

But nothing happened after a few hours use. I’m starting to think that this trouble can be solved in fact. But do not get too excited until a full day of use that has happened.

I definitely would not have loaded 2 free memory on my system. The freezing issue I had is different from yours, especially in that they definitely have a CPU-intensive when freezing occurs. Also, I do not have as often as before. I have not had one in a couple of days now. I'll have to wait for the next and hopefully I can provide some diagnostic information at the time.

Here is the console log:

Code:
    11/13/11 8:51:30.049 PM SubmitDiagInfo: Submitted crash report: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/racoon_2011-11-09-203723_localh ost.crash
    11/13/11 8:51:35.170 PM SubmitDiagInfo: SubmitDiagInfo successfully uploaded 31 diagnostic messages.
    11/13/11 8:51:37.000 PM kernel: (default pager): [KERNEL]: default_pager_backing_store_monitor - send LO_WAT_ALERT

ICal Backup then quit iCal and move these files to the Trash user / name /

Code:
    Library / Preferences folder. 
    com.apple.iCal.alarmsCache.plist 

com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist 

com.apple.iCal.helper.plist 

com.apple.iCal.plist.lockfile
    com.apple.Ical.plist 

I want to make sure we have the same view on the list of files to delete. One thing I become aware of is that the list the same file twice:

Code:
     com.apple.iCal.helper.plist 
    com.apple.iCal.plist