Thread: Need help with disabling secure trash with MAC OS X lion

Need help with disabling secure trash with MAC OS X lion

Is it probable to restore the trash back to the way it worked prior to upgrading to Mac OS X Lion? The "Empty Trash steadily" in the Finder Preferences box is not checked.

Re: Need help with disabling secure trash with MAC OS X lion

I want the old regular trash with the option to empty safely. To safely empty all the time, the search Advanced Preferences window has a check box should be checked. In theory, if that box is empty, should not empty the trash securely. However, the box is empty, however, empty the trash securely at all times. I do not want that. I want the option to pick up the trash, just to clear when ready.

That also happened to me! Restarting my computer fixed. Also attempt to repair permissions, and check your disk all the way through Disk Utility / check the disk. If that fails, acquire in / user / Library and delete preferences "com.apple.finder.plist" file then resume your PC. With any luck one of these things.

Have you logged out or restarted from the beginning? If not, try that. Otherwise, hold down the Option key and select Go> Library menu bar. From the library folder, delete the following items:

Code:
    Application saved state / com.apple.finder.savedState 
    Caches / com.apple.finder 
    Move the next item on the desktop: 
    Preferences / com.apple.finder.plist

Next, choose Apple menu> Force Quit. > Finder and click prelaunch. Any improvement? If not, put back the file to be moved to the desktop, replacing the latest creation in its place, and then restart the Finder again. If the trouble is resolved, delete the file and return to the Finder settings .

It all started when I installed Lion in october end, My computer has restarted many times since. It was a big trouble until I deleted something important today, by accident.

Continued use of the term "secure empty trash, which is function acting on items that are already in the bin, having been placed there as usual." Secure Empty Trash "then deletes the elements so that overwriting data recovery software cannot recover after. It is a much slower process that normally empties the trash.

Is that what we're seeing, or instead has a completely different problem so that you cannot store items in the trash at all, possibly with a warning like this when you try to change things there: The items will be deleted immediately .You can’t undo this action.

I guess I observe this behavior of the elements found in the Startup folder, right? If you have things in an external hard drive, do you also see when you try to trash an item that is on that external drive? Does the Trash icon in the Dock shows "empty"?

What is their security? It is always important to keep a complete backup of the system, but even more before trying to fix something. Following command in the terminal diagnosis (in / Applications / Utilities), and then once more the response you get. Copy and paste into the Terminal window.

When I put the elements of an external drive to the trash that works well. Yes, the trash on the dock is empty. I have a Time Machine backup every day or when requested. I was able to recover the deleted material accidentally. In the terminal I get no such file or directory.

That seems strange to me -. Normally if the trash is removed, new one is created automatically the next time the search is reactivated, or the next login or reboot. Did you copy and paste this command instead of trying to write?

What is the result of following command? Again, copy and paste into the terminal

It shows "501" to the owner. which makes me think that it can own their own home folder, and do not have permission to write to it. If you do not have write permission to the Startup folder, the system may not be able to re-create the file. Bin there.

I think we're making progress, but let's get some more information. Copy and paste this line next to the terminal diagnosis and then return the result:
    Code:
    id -un; id -u; ls -ld ~