Thread: What is fwriyuog.sys?

What is fwriyuog.sys?

I am running Windows 7 ultimate on my computer and the problem with that is, I get the black screen some of the times and many of the time it just goes to the desktop but there is no icon over there. I tried with some of the things to get it solved from my side but that was none of use. Here is the registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\fwriyuog\\ImagePath

Can somebody tell me that what the hell is fwriyuog??? Please reply if you have any idea regarding this.

Re: What is fwriyuog.sys?

This looks that some malware that is affecting your system and that is the reason that you are getting that issue. This is the malware that is trying to randomized name and attempt to get away from the detection.. I think that this is now time to wipe your HD with the help of the bootable DBAN disc and after that start it over again. I think that this will let you out of the issue.

I have faced this problem earlier and tried many things to get it resolved but finally I managed to solve this. What I did is, just deleted the entry from the registry and found that this is booting without any problem now. So my suggestion to you is to delete the registry and see if it can solve the problem for you or not. This is the first thing that you need to try for this issue. Please reply back that if this was helpful to you or not so that I can provide you some alternate solution for this.

If you are not able to get this problem solved from any of the possible way then you can also try with the system restore. So what you can do is, start the system restore utility and when it asks you for the date to select as the restore point then you will have to select the last date when your system was running well without any problem. This will put all the setting etc to that date and this can let this issue out of your computer. So this is worth to try it once. Do this and see if this is helpful to you or not. See to it that this you are doing this after all the other solutions fails to work on this. Good Luck.

Scanning the system with some good and updated antivirus can solve the problem for you. So before going to restore the system, you must try by scanning the system with some antivirus as it can also cure the issue.

One of the best thing that I can recommend you is to wipe the system and once you are done with that then just install a good virus protection software like eset nod32. I am using the same and never faced the issues like this till now. This will protect your computer from the malware/viruses as of installing and this wont happen again.

Just try by restoring the system to some earlier time when you were not having this problem and see if that solves the problem for you. This will restore all the settings to that point of time.