Thread: Mac OS X Lion unable to go in sleep mode after idle timeout

Mac OS X Lion unable to go in sleep mode after idle timeout

I set the "dream computer" waiting time of 5 minutes in Energy Saver preferences, but it seems that there is something incorrect with him and my MBP is not going to sleep after timeout. On the other display is fine to go to sleep. I have also tried login in and out and leave the system running without any application. Any clues? Or is that just me missing something?

Re: Mac OS X Lion unable to go in sleep mode after idle timeout

The same here. Do not go to sleep with the default 15 minutes. I recently upgraded to Mac os x Lion. Don’t know what the actual trouble is.Anybody who can help me to overcome this trouble

I saw a lot of other people complaining about the same issue. Some of them resolved to identify the application prevents the system correctly detects the idle state. Sadly it was not my case.Hopefully an update will fix the problem soon.

Please Sleep is a software utility designed for Mac OS X that helps put your computer to sleep when you know that some other application blocks the Mac go to sleep.

Please Sleep sits in the background and waits for the timer is set to energy saving preferences. Depending on the preferences defined PleaseSleep attempt to position your computer to sleep when the timer kicks in. Please Sleep programmed with no trouble customizable function

I installed Lion on my MBP than 2 months old. Before I would Lion television program 20 minutes to go to bed. When you finish the show (and I'm asleep), the MBP also sleeps. When he wakes up, still has almost the same power level as the previous night.

After installation of Lion, this no longer works. The hard disk spins until the battery is depleted to 0 and I have to reboot and load in the morning. Lion issue. give pleasure to fix this apple. I do not want to install 3rd party software to fix this problem.

I've gone through all the dead and applications and my MacBook Pro still does not sleep after the specified time of inactivity on saving energy. The screen will darken and go black, but does not sleep or this is wrong or something is resetting the inactivity timer that I cannot find.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalguni88 View Post
    I've gone through all the dead and applications and my MacBook Pro still does not sleep after the specified time of inactivity on saving energy. The screen will darken and go black, but does not sleep or this is wrong or something is resetting the inactivity timer that I cannot find.
    I was also facing exactly similar trouble. I did lot of research but was not able to get solution on net. Finally someone told me to use Pleasesleep Application. Pleasesleep will solve your trouble.