Thread: After loading MAC OS X Lion things not opening correctly

After loading MAC OS X Lion things not opening correctly

After loading Mac OS X Lion things not working properly. Finder does not open correct and launch pad does not open at all, spot light will not run .All in all it is just unfinished or something.

Re: After loading MAC OS X Lion things not opening correctly

Are you running 10.7.2? His profile says attempt reinstalling 10.7 10.7.2 combo update to the existing system and execute permissions repair and see if things improve.

Go to Applications / Utilities and open Disk Utility. In the left column, select your hard drive (not the one above, but below) and then click Repair permissions. Ignore everything that arises. As long as it says at the end repaired permissions must be correct. You really should do this after any system or important security update. Attempt first and if no improvement, reinstall 10.7.2

i was also facing the similar trouble but this does not help at all. I have not got the full menu by clicking the Apple even that just looks wrong .Spotlight icon is visible as before to put it all to zero, so I have to find the menus are incomplete Lion certainly not impress me!

Get the combo update client. Or if you bought 10.7.2 of the App Store, then log in and download again. Simply click on the option and should bring up the download.

Until now, you're spinning your wheels on this issue. Repairing permissions is a waste of time unless there is a permission fault on system files, which have not been reported. Reinstalling the system components is rarely useful unless the most likely possibilities have been eliminated.

How about providing some more information so that one might actually be able to figure out what your trouble? Start with the following: Browser does not open properly .What does that mean? What is not that right?

I have no menu to do things as before in Snow Leopard. You cannot click in the Finder to open Spotlight I can not to run and its icon is gone. In general, the system is short of options and the ability to do simple things like open and view folders on disk. I have to open when I see all the folders including hidden and all its just bad in general.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It will not solve your problem. Do not be discouraged if you find nothing has changed after they complete.

Enable logins guests and guest registration. For instructions, launch the System Preferences application, select "Help" menu bar and click on "Set up a guest account" (without the quotes) into the search box.

While connected as a guest, you cannot access any of your personal files or settings. Do not be alarmed by this, is ordinary. The same troubles as a guest

After testing, close the session and the guest account on their own turned off if desired. All files created are automatically deleted as a guest at logoff.