Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-11-2011

Does anyone know how to Mintbackup in Linux Mint?

I've done some searching and found alternate folks having situations with mintbackup, but no one appears to have the same one as I have. I went down my bundle determination with Mintbackup the previous evening. Instated 64-cycle LMDE (was utilizing 32-digit LMDE before), did a full dist-update, and so forth. Mintbackup stacks fine, I am able to head over to "Restore programming determination", identify my backup no situation, but when I click advance, it gives a mistake.
Old 13-11-2011

re: Does anyone know how to Mintbackup in Linux Mint?

When install from the disc MintBackup can restore systems (with the inexorable grievance on degenerate bundles, obviously), but following update and upgrade it lack the capacity to. It stops and stops. Some update appears to have happened. It not, one or the other lack the capacity to produce a backup nor restore one from heretofore. It just bolts up and needs to be shut by power.
Old 13-11-2011

Same scenario with me but still could not recovery program determination or restore program determination with mintbackup. Not cunning enough to root out what hangs it like up. It begins working in LMDE the throbbed shows up but then it is bolted and needs to be shut by might. The rendition on the introduction DVD however does what is anticipated. Some update wrecked it and I lack the capacity to identify a patch.
Old 13-11-2011

I'm utilizing the new LMDE update packs. In any case when I tested out the 64-bit LMDE, that was straight out of the container (and after that when a dist-update), not utilizing the brand new repos. To work for bundle recover and restore and fulfills every last trace of the api updates consistent with the python-adept migration tool. Institute the official bundle when it turns out). However this usually doesn't appear like good practice, going down and restoring your indexes is so essential that holding up for the alterations to make it in strength not be an alternative for some, along these lines, this "unofficial" bundle ought to get you through in the interim. In the event that you pick to utilize it and have any situations, post here or message me secretly.
Old 13-11-2011
Iquau Vitel

The final patch I submitted took around a month, but I cannot tell you anything beyond any doubt. The adaptations in the appended bundle end up as about 3 lines of sum code.
Old 13-11-2011

Output from the dpkg-qury:
Code:
dylan@tranquilinux ~ $ dpkg-query -l python-apt
dpkg-query: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 38225 package 'pidgin-extended-blist':
error in Version string 'sort-1': version number does not start with digit
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version        Description
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii  python-apt     0.8.0          Python interface to libapt-pkg
Old 13-11-2011

I'm fine with this patch. What I indicated is that somebody who doesn't have prior knowledge regarding the being of the patch might have their Mint encounter tainted by this. In alternate expressions, it seems like it might as well be sensibly towering necessity for review -in particular on account of the alteration is so small.
Old 13-11-2011

Re: Does anyone know how to Mintbackup in Linux Mint?

I moved down my bundle choice with Mintbackup the previous evening. Instated 64-digit LMDE (was utilizing 32-bit LMDE before), did a full dist-update, and whatnot.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,