Thread: Web Playback is slow in Linux mint

Web Playback is slow in Linux mint

I've seen a lot of messages about video playback tearing etc; nevertheless nothing has helped me with this so far. Mint 11 and NVIDIA graphics driver. Each film to play on the Internet YouTube, put in QuickTime players, etc) are extremely sluggish and video playback Skippy. How I am able to fix it?

While I have DVD playback using VLC or Banshee or Gnome player is any video stream on the web does not work. Please help. Thank you!

Re: Web Playback is slow in Linux mint

• Attempt to play videos in another browser and perceive if the trouble persists.
    • Attempt uninstalling the flash plug-in and then reinstall it.
    • Attempt disabling compiz special special effects. (MintMenu> Appearance> Click the third tab (I imagine that says "advanced" or something)> Click "None" ("Simple desktop")

I prefer to keep my browser and not solve the problem, attempt to proxy around. I looked at my add-ons to attempt to get rid of the / reinstall flash, and saw a few things.

DivX Browser Plugin, mplayer-plugin is already gecko-media player 1.0.0, 7.6.4 plug-in QuickTime, RealPlayer 9 and Windows Media Player Plug-in. They seem to be overlapping / maybe in conflict, should I remove some?

Now I have Compiz off for the reason that I hate all animations for the reason that my computer seems to not want to do any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat$ View Post
    I prefer to keep my browser and not solve the problem, attempt to proxy around. I looked at my add-ons to attempt to get rid of the / reinstall flash, and saw a few things.

DivX Browser Plugin, mplayer-plugin is already gecko-media player 1.0.0, 7.6.4 plug-in QuickTime, RealPlayer 9 and Windows Media Player Plug-in. They seem to be overlapping / maybe in conflict, should I remove some?

Now I have Compiz off for the reason that I hate all animations for the reason that my computer seems to not want to do any of them.
    Try disabling all add-ons except the flash plug-in so we can be on familiar terms with if the rest of them are causing troubles.

What do you mean? I'm still kind of new to Linux, so I need a little walk-thru. Synaptic know how to find and show that I do not know what you're asking is all.

Go to menu administration>> synaptic. It will ask for your password so you type in. When you open Synaptic, the flash in the search box and see what shows you are installing.

Getting rid of the Flash Mint, download a free of charge version frequently work finest. This is the name of the package non-free "adobe-flashplugin". Disable all add-ons.

I have yet video playback super slow, when Skippy little, and with tears / Skippy in full screen. My main trouble is not with YouTube (I make use of Minitube it is a immense program), nevertheless with sites like YouTube or Putlocker.

Code:
    $ inxi -Gx
    Graphics:  Card nVidia NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200 64M] X.Org 1.10.1 Res: 1280x800@60.1hz 
    GLX Renderer Gallium 0.4 on NV34 GLX Version 1.5 Mesa 7.10.2 Direct Rendering Yes

That's my graphics card. If that will help, but I think it probably has more to do with the compatibility of the card with a Linux-Linux Flash support as I thought.