Thread: Linux Mint 9 installation hangs after keyboard selection

Linux Mint 9 installation hangs after keyboard selection

I utilized Linux Live USB Creator (LiLi) to install Linux Mint 9 Isadora (Gnome) on my USB thumb-drive. In addition I had LiLi create a 'Casper RW' file to have the capacity to enhance my settings and install updates in Mint and see if they work and after that protected them. It was my plan to then introduce Mint to my pc with the 'Install Mint' offer from within my usb installation. Following keyboard determination the install system will hang (freeze up).It should not stack the following screen were you need to select the space on your hard-drive were you like Mint to be installed on. This part of the introduction makes utilize of GPArted for the dividing undertakings. I googled it and found a large number of others have reported this same situation at the Mint blog.

Re: Linux Mint 9 installation hangs after keyboard selection

I had it a couple of weeks back with a recently downloaded Ubuntu install CD. Then I attempted Mint 9 and it worked. Now I'm attempting again on the same laptop with the same HDD and the same Mint installer and its now stopping at the same indicate the Ubuntu installer stopped at.

Seeing that it shows up the situation version with GParted, specificaly with the patches had an association with the libparted form 2.2 bundles, I could probably picture that downgrading libparted to a previous version would be able to probably alter the situation and permit the introduction to carry on. At any rate this is what I make up from better presents on diverse discussions. Since someone can tell me how to downgrade libparted I will attempt it to see depending on if it works. A touch trying is the way that provided that you are right and this situation has been around for a considerable length of time I prefer to know why there is no warning that this could happen as I put a week of work into this and provided that I could not venture to alter it I will need to do everything over.

I tackled the situation without getting into convoluted workarounds. What I did to have the capacity to move on with my installation is I constructed an alternate with the reinforcement instrument furnished in Mint and saved that on my different usb thumbdrive. Then I installed Mint to my hard circle and restored the backup to it utilizing the same apparatus. Along these lines anyhow I didn't need to do every last item over. The restoration of the alternate went exceptionally quick and the majority of it was successful. The restoration took no something greater than 15 moments. Anyhow they ought to advise brand new Mint users that introduction from usb thumb drive has a higher risk of failure.

My Mint is now running easily in a double-boot group of stars with 'that different OS' and I recognize how I am even now start to neglect it is even there. On my following pc, which I could be getting in the following few months, I will make Mint my essential boot system beyond any doubt.

I like the method you are able to make it your particular and personalize it actually by diving into the good to go stores! Case in point: I utilized OpenOffice out as soon as possible forasmuch as its resource hog and replaced it with AbiWord which can do every last trace of the things I require it to do. I'm not a researcher so I just utilized the scholar part anyway and AbiWord can do this perfectly and is much lighter to go with in my opinion

The theme you would effectively be able to do with Mint granted that Compiz would be able to be supplemented standard with a topic browser which I think it’s failing to possess much at this time.

When you get to the screen when you are able to select the distinctive keyboards just don't touch anything and press forward, else wise the forward choice should be gone forever. Select the default one (then afterward update it in the event that you require when all things is installed.