Thread: Unable to access NTFS partitions in Linux mint

Unable to access NTFS partitions in Linux mint

I have a dual book win-xp and Linux Bianca and I had established earlier, after long hours and changed my Linux partition is NTFS. And then all of a sudden after a reboot, I can perceive or access them, please help me to ride again with fstab or otherwise, indeed, this happened after a kernel upgrade the latest. I be able to also use the latest version of the kernel because the boot stops and shows a black screen.

Re: Unable to access NTFS partitions in Linux mint

Kernel update - when you get that? It is more than a month since it first appeared. Anyway, as you know from fstab, makes a copy for sure to remove all cases and NTFS partitions, commented or not. And I mean everyone! Then your ntfs mintdisk must be mounted as read and write.

I had done what you said before, because I could only read but not write to the units, after you delete the lines to fstab units. I was able to read and write to them and everything worked fine, but after this boot one. I can see them.

What happens to the core 11, when I attempt to load it tells me error loading the GUI. , So using the core 10, for now, and yet I cannot see my partitions.

Just the same trouble and solved it this way, as a root user to edit the / etc / fstab and replace all to do with ntfs ntfs-3g and make sure the umask is 000 on that line and restart the system. Now you can read and write to your NTFS partitions.

I have the same trouble; I used Linux Mint stand-alone and dual boots for a while, no troubles. Now my Mint 11 does not see my large NTFS partition for storing shared between Win7 and MInt11. Here is a picture of my partition table.

I will attempt to download if you think it is Mint11, Win7, or Gparted partition tool cannot handle. Perhaps most importantly, recovery tools HP bloatware and has held primary partitions, now that I have burned the recovery DVD to Win7.

I also dismiss the partition HP also tools to make room for another primary partition. Linux cannot see the logical partitions from DOS extended partitions.