Thread: How to execute exe file without wine on Linux mint

How to execute exe file without wine on Linux mint

I work at a company that develops applications intended for learning languages on Windows and Apple. We also have to make acquainted you our applications (EXE) for main Linux distributions (Ubuntu and Fedora & co). Is it probable to summarize the application EXE in wine on a DVD so that the user has to do nothing, in calculation, to double-click to open the application? The thought is that the user does not even have to put in Wine just to put the DVD and double-click the file. Do you have any thought?

Re: How to execute exe file without wine on Linux mint

I do not imagine you can do it the way you propose, the wine is part of the operating system once installed, not an application. Wine is also a version on DVD might not be well-matched with the distro running on the machine.

I imagine that this script will, somehow, the first test if wine is installed and if so just run the exe., And second, if not installed, either asking the user to install it or try to through writing. The latter could be difficult if you have the intention of writing to work on multiple distributions, the distribution would have to check, as they use different commands to install the software.

I could be putting your foot on something that smells bad here, but it strikes me that the wine is gpl (right? Last time I checked) that if the seller provides the source code can be a binary distribution of wine in your DVD with her. Exe file. You can then offer a script called "Application for Linux", which provides a divide line in exec. Just a thought.

We also have to familiarize our applications (EXE) to the major Linux. Using a procedure of cross-platform expansion.

For example, wxWidgets, java

There are also some ex-windows applications that come with wine as part of its installation, it also installs the wine, so it would be visible to any user, even if the application is going to start (in winemaking).-I do not remember for sure, but Google skechtup BLINE could have used that method, and there would be other

I know there is an OSX application called "wine bottle 'and the Windows exe packages with the binaries needed to run I'm not sure if there is a Linux equivalent to these any mac.I', but may be worth looking into.

I do not imagine they necessitate to provide the source on the DVD, nevertheless should be provided on request and without further hoops to get the binary. It's probably easier to include only a source package.

This is because the core structure. NET is largely platform independent. If the OP application was built using Windows-specific APIs (via Visual Basic or Visual C + +, for example), then you have to use Wine. The best option is to have the cross-platform. Java makes it easier, but can be done through the development of side projects that are still part of the platform-specific, especially if the GUI is based on a multi-platform toolkit like Qt or GTK .