Thread: Linux mint won’t detect network

Linux mint won’t detect network

My experience with Linux Mint so far has been a pleasure. I love the interface, I love how fast you run, and I love that it's free. But for the love of God, I think I'll go sweeping the streets if I cannot get my network card to work. My card is a Linksys WMP300N. The BCM4321 chip ID and PCI ID is 14e4: 4329.

Wireless networks are not displayed in the tray icon. I tried to enter my SSID, the encryption and WPA key manually, but that did not work. I also tried to connect to a hidden network credentials and put my router on it, still not working.

I tried installing the Broadcom STA driver from side to side the Additional Drivers interface Mint, and when that did not work, I attempt to assemble myself from Broadcom's website following the instructions step by step. When that did not work, I tried to download the Windows driver for the wireless card here and loaded with Ndiswrapper, but that did not work.

Re: Linux mint won’t detect network

I am also facing precisely similar trouble. I downloaded MadWifi and not compile appropriately. I guess this is still an area to explore, nevertheless I was hoping you could fill me in something I necessitate before spending more time on this. I have internet access on my machine in Mint, nevertheless only because I have temporarily moved downstairs from my wired desktop PC and directly in

Code
    Code:
    01:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4321 802.11b/g/n [14e4:4329] (rev 01)
       Subsystem: Linksys Device [1737:0060]
       Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
       Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
       Latency: 64
       Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
       Region 0: Memory at fbdf8000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
       Kernel modules: wl, ssb

I did,even though I can say it does not affect anything. I've been rebooting after each change, too (probably about 10 times today).

I am just begining with linux so I hope I'm missing something. From what I've been reading, however, other people have had trouble about wireless network card, nevertheless a few have been able to make it operational

Quote Originally Posted by Erakna View Post
    I did, but I can say it does not affect anything. I've been rebooting after each change, too (probably about 10 times today).

This is my first time using Linux, so I hope I'm missing something. From what I've been reading, however, other people have had problems with my wireless network card, but a few have been able to make it work.
    I was looking at dissimilar Broadcom Offers Package Manager. They states in their descriptions also necessitate to set up the wireless-tools modules for Broadcom to work appropriately.

Let’s get rid of that SSB driver component that might be causing a conflict (and any others who might be lurk roughly). Open the terminal and run the subsequent command.

Code:
    sudo modprobe -r b44 b43 b43legacy ssb brcmsmac
    Its mandate will be to check / verify that wireless is enabled and activated:
    sudo iwconfig

Forgotten, that the correct module Linux driver (wl) is already loaded into the kernel, be positive to remove the Windows driver that you installed in Ndiswrapper