Thread: Linux mint menu keyboard shortcuts

Linux mint menu keyboard shortcuts

I have to find the key combination to open the mint Menu. I looked everywhere nevertheless still cannot find the way to go. Alt + F1 open the default Gnome menu. Is there a similar key that will open the mint Menu?

Re: Linux mint menu keyboard shortcuts

Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat$ View Post
    I have to find the key combination to open the mint Menu. I looked everywhere nevertheless still cannot find the way to go. Alt + F1 open the default Gnome menu. Is there a similar key that will open the mint Menu?
    I am interested in that too! It's their way of doing this. Did not find any option nevertheless I'm not using Mint during that time yet.

Please, I (and probably many others) want Mint Menu be opened by pressing the Windows key. This should save a lot of movements / hour and add productivity. You cannot be too hard to implement, Gnome menu already does this!

What do I write to get the job done with alt + f1 Mint Menu?

I've disabled the shortcut for the GNOME menu Alt + F1, but when I mark in Mint Menu " F1 "as shortcut does not work. What should be the suitable wording for this? F1? Alt + F1? IT would be superior for Mint Menu automatically become aware of keystrokes and save it as an access key.

Just for the record (and for people like me, finding a solution for this):
    • Remove Alt + F1 for assignment "from the main menu of the panel" settings / keyboard shortcuts by assigning keyboard shortcut to another
    • Reboot

Your explanation helped me. First, I did not know how to write the shortcut, because there is no indication. Second, I did not know you have to reboot to activate it.

I am new to Linux Mint. If there is a wiki manual, this guide should be definitely not .People definitely needs to come from Windows.

Just to make some things clear about the keyboard shortcuts. Many shortcuts can be changed by right-clicking the application in writing in the new desired shape 7 or whatever. If they do not work immediately, attempt logging out and back once more, if it does not work, attempt rebooting. Mint Menu is like the last. It is evident that the loads early in the boot process and just go out and back again will not be reset - nevertheless it will restart.

If the desired shortcut does not work, may be in conflict with something else. Maybe that shortcut is already used for something else. Gnome can say to try to put it, but if not you may have to dig around. A good rule is not very common use, such as z, for instance. If you have Compiz active, rides the same as existing shortcuts in Metacity (the Gnome application configuration). For example, Tab is the keyboard shortcut known to activate and page advance through open applications. Useful, that works just on Windows, Mac and Linux (Mac key, of course, is not "Alt" but "Commando" - is in the same place on the keyboard though).

It is so useful, the keys to page up (reverse, moving from right to left), are different in different operating systems. I like the Mac solution, which uses serious (serious is the right above the Tab key). However, to establish a Mint a grave need to do in Compiz, I suppose in the Window Management section. Hope this helps, and if I have erred somewhere, please correct. I used several Linux debian distros quite some time but only recently Mint.

I found the default Ctrl + shortcut key Windows does not work, nevertheless it can make Windows-like actions by typing "Super_L" and reboot. I agree that this needs fixing - which is not intuitive to have to write the names of modifier keys and the press, and having to restart is even worse.