Thread: Windows Update driver installation failure

Windows Update driver installation failure

I recently re-installed my OS. Windows 7 64-bit. I previously had Windows 7 32-bit, but due to virus problems I had to reinstall it. So, ever since I reinstalled my windows, no drivers are automatically installing. The USB ports are working properly (I know that because when I manually download and install the drivers the hardware works.) But, for example, when I plug in the mouse, it wont work because windows will search for drivers and then say 'failed'. Also, when I manually command the computer to use preconfigured drivers for the mouse it says 'System failed to access' or something.

Basically. Whenever I plug in any usb device, or for that matter the devices in my laptop such as the bluetooth, ethernet controller wont work. Because windows update wouldn't get the proper drivers and automatically install them. I have to search all over and get the drivers. WHICH I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

Any help?

Re: Windows Update driver installation failure

The reason behind this will be absent of drivers for Windows 7 64 bit. You can use drivers of Windows 32 bit on it, but there can be some kind of compatibility issue. Check the model number of your laptop and search on its official manufactures website. If they do not offers drivers for Windows 7 64 bit, you will need to re-install Windows 7 32 bit back no your system. Or else some of your hardware's like audio, graphic will not work.

Re: Windows Update driver installation failure

Actually I did. All my graphics and audio are working fine now that I downloaded the drivers from the site. However, the Intel Chipset driver still fails to install. I get an error "An unknown error occurred. The Setup will now exit." I'm not sure if this has something to do with the problem I'm experiencing. And I'm sure that I have the correct Chipset driver.