Thread: mintMenu lost and unable to add it back to the pane

mintMenu lost and unable to add it back to the pane

I cannot appear to add mintMenu over in the panel. Whenever I attempt and click "Add" I get the following error "The panel contacted a situation while stacking "OAFIID:GNOME_mintMenu". I've googled around and attempted to take after some of reinstalling elf-applets plus elf-applets-messageation but it didn't work. I'm quite confounded and I don't ability to fix it. Help me satisfy! I got this error for the first time when a reboot. The just thing I fixed in the setup was to uproot bundles identified with Totem and Rythmbox as I don't utilize them. I'm bit hesitant that I might've erased some significant bundles in spite of the fact that I don't see the channel with mintMenu and those applications.

Re: mintMenu lost and unable to add it back to the pane

You would be able to attempt going into Synaptic Package Manager and reinstalling the mintmenu bundle. Unequivocally run a quest for it, and it will appear in the right sheet. Now click on the small check box to the alternate of the genuine word mintmenu and a little dialogue box will show up with choices. Choose reinstallation then after that connects. Confidently that fixes things for you.

Unfortunately that didn't work. I still get the same error message when I attempt to add it in the panel. I in addition attempted making an additional panel and joining mintMenu but that didn't work either.

Open a terminal and type the below:
    • -sudo bent uproot mintmenu
    • -sudo rm-rf /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu
    • -gconftool-2--recursive-unset /apps/mintMenu
    • -Reinstall mintMenu: sudo bent introduce mintmenu
    • -Add mintMenu to your panel again

Note that this will remove all mintMenu settings, so in the event that you have fixed it (with the exception of from uniting revamped menu sections) it should be gone.

I figured out how to cause the purpose and fix it. The python module "gnomeapplet" was lost. I found this out by attempting to execute
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/
    ./mintMenu.py
    So I attempted to identify what bundle that module dwelled in. Assembles was absent the python-gnome2-* bundles wich I installed via Synaptic. I attempted running the mintMenu.py again.

I had this situation and checked my able-logs. Uninstalling fortune likewise triggered removal of mintmenu. I reinstalled mintmenu and got things fixed. All the more provided that you uninstall fortune you get a slip come what may you start a terminal, so you need to incapacitate fortune by evacuating the line from /etc/bash.bashrc that invokes fortune.

Hey, I'm having the same situation as BShearer. I think the catalyst was that I attempted to introduce Python 2.7, which is ready for Ubuntu, but obviously not for Mint, in light of the fact that I had to get it from the Ubuntu bundle store. I attempted uninstalling Python 2.7 and reinstalling 2.6, but no go. Any ideas?

I uninstalled python2.6 and established python 2.7 manually, by downloading the .deb document from Python's online content. This essentially executed entire Linux Mint, on the grounds that:

Whatever you do, make a point not to uninstall 2.6. Your whole system runs on that and as you saw it will uninstall much of your system (Source). Reinstalled Linux Mint again and this time I fixed python 2.7 (I require it!) utilizing altinstall but still I concocted the no mintMenu + OAFIID:GNOME_mintMenu issue and could not get it back.

The console moreover prompts with No module named gtk, so there is some sort of contrarily with python 2.7, in addition, python 2.7 wasn't be pushed out through the Update Manager or add in the repos until Maverick Browsing through the net people provide different solutions:
    • -sudo synaptic establish python-gnome2-desktop.
    • -papibe states that a few versions can coincide as a single unit. You actually need to indicate the one you feel a distinct desire to utilize following these steps
    • -Creating a symbolic connection among /usr/bin/pyhon2.6 and /usr/bin/python is likewise specified here.
    • -Install Python-gnomeapplet (Source, presents 83 and 84 from Joe)

I fixed the issue without needing to uninstall Python2.7. The situation was that Python2.6 (default system one) was installed in /usr/bin/ and regardless of the symbolic channels were respectably indicating it, the python bash command was not. Python2.7 was installed at /usr/local/bin and the bash command python was indicating this one.