Thread: Plymouth splash is blank in Linux mint 11

Plymouth splash is blank in Linux mint 11

I've been testing the fantastic Mint on my laptop 11 parts, I'm very impressed. on the other hand, when booting, the splash of Plymouth is blank. it has also distorted the color bit and resolution of the startup splash-manager, but again nothing. The answers are appreciated tried adding FRAMEBUFFER = y in / etc / initramfs-tools / conf.d / splash, but to no avail.

Re: Plymouth splash is blank in Linux mint 11

In Linux Mint 11, the home display is now entirely black. Does not display a logo with green dots as before. This is by plan. Once installed the system boot sequence is comparatively speedy. The black boot sequence is not out of place and what appears to be consistent on all computers, regardless of driver you are using.

I realized something, the old Plymouth issues are still available if you want to use. Just install the "Plymouth-theme-mint-logo and packages of" Plymouth-theme-mint-text and topic you're used to will be installed and mechanically adjusts the default values.

I rarely read the release notes until after the installation and I have learned that some things are not what I expected, to perceive if changes are made on purpose or if they are something that should be mentioned what can be arranged. The Plymouth was a black touch that, but I was fine once I found the old subject was still in the repository and could still install properly.

That is true. I can see why the developers made the decision to the way they did, but my personal preference is still using the old theme, and it looks good on my system, and usually gets about 5 or 6 seconds to see (or more if you get a file system check after any number of mounts.)

So it's nice to see something on the screen. Plymouth also installed on my part of LMDE for the same reason .Though I wish the Mint Plymouth topics were available to him; all I get are those of Debian.

Name of a system that does not display anything on startup? Nobody really has an Apple OSX with a rotation icon, Windows has a logo, most distributions that are aimed at experienced users boot console displays or shows some kind of background image.

I feel kids not only the passing train yesterday to Linux, I've been using Linux for 11 years and today, starting Katya is the first time in 11 years the use of Linux I've seen this performance on a Linux distro in fact, is the initial time in using PC since 1989, I've seen on any system I've used since then, so do not tell us that this is not out of sequence because it is.

I am new to Linux and found the screen in black / white at startup to be disconcerting. I wondered if my computer was not even really do anything for a while .

What I did was look in the Control Center and open the Startup-Manager. In the startup tab, I checked "Show text during boot". Indeed, "Show splash home" was revised but unchecked because there is no display to show I guess. At least now there is some scrolling text on the screen instead of just a black screen / white. although I have to watch "cannot enumerate USB device on port 3" a million times!

I tried to see what I could do about the instance of Port 3 reporting and have not found a solution for the "error". The only explanation (s) I've found seem to say in essence; do not worry about that, since only the sequence that out because it is.

I have also done the same. allow the text .I think the option of having a background image should be left to the user .which is one reason why I'm on this side of the fence .we have to come across a solution to the trouble of plymouth display resolution, to put under the carpet.

Actually, I do not locate easy at all if I want to choose some of Plymouth. I think this idea of the blank screen should be seriously considered as re-new coming puts people off creating confusion