Thread: Unable to login after installing Mac OS X Lion

Unable to login after installing Mac OS X Lion

I installed lion on MacBook Pro. After the first reboot, a gray display with the login fields. Filling my username and password - nothing happens .The "progress pointer" runs

• To boot in verbose mode - no fault indicator
    • To boot into single user mode, performing fsck - no mistake
    • Login with Apple Remote Desktop - do not connect
    • Login with ssh - daemon is running, but my login credentials are not established
    • Login as normal user in single user mode - password not established

Re: Unable to login after installing Mac OS X Lion

I do not know if this will help, but i haven’t received any help and I have decent a similar problem, but it worked for me:

I opened the terminal from the recovery mode (holding the option to restart) and wrote Reset Password. This allowed me access to the root, which did not come into view to enter. I am capable to reset the password and permissions alternative for the root and restarted. There is an original icon "other users" that allows me to enter into the root and leads me into the operating system as root.

Having the same trouble. Spent an hour on the phone from Apple yesterday and no one could help. Assumed that the manager called back, nothing. It was three hours from the Time Machine restore merely to locate the desktop folder the whole thing is misplaced.

Hundreds of content files, you cannot find any backup from Time Machine. He called once more today, an hour lost. He said that phone in two hours when it's quieter. "Back up" for lost files and a extremely angry customer. I love to know how Apple will compensate me .Lion only £ 21.99 nevertheless could end up costing £ 1001!

Do not fright. The files are not disappeared. Under the same family "called" I cannot connect update lion pop root login and remake my account. The whole thing is back now.

After digging around for some time, I checked the console.log and found several error messages (especially startup items / launched. After removal. it remains the same. I decided to write a fresh clean install the machine and retrieve my files from my backup from Time Machine.

I'm staying with 10.6 for now, though - of all the other troubles I've been hearing about Lion not prepared sound production. The main trouble now is, after "restore" the desktop folder, Time Machine is supposed to be a backup, is gone. Working days lost and beautiful photographs.

So I imagine I be able to solve the trouble exactly the same as follows:
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Run Reset Password in the root terminal
    • Close the session, and re-connect as root
    • Go to System Preferences to create an account with the user name exactly as it was before
    • Then be asked whether to make use of the similar user folder, say yes.
    • Log off and log back in with the original name and your desktop should be back.

I was having this trouble too - tried to boot into recovery, hold down the option key at startup and reset my password, setting the root password. Nevertheless none of that worked.

For me the only solution that finally worked for Lion reinstall the recovery partition - after I had my acknowledged change the password and I was capable to login with my account.

I have the same issue, total disaster, because it cannot be accessed with a user and there is no recovery option either for some reason - both for retrieving internet. No single user mode I have an EFI password and I cannot remove the EFI password until you get into the operating system! This is a 2011 MBP and it was therefore expected to be perfect.

I discovered that if I boot with a CD of Ubuntu 11.04, you can mount the file system read-only copy of all my user files on a USB drive so you do not worry if you cannot recover and would not have copies of security.

Quote Originally Posted by The Picture View Post
    I installed lion on MacBook Pro. After the first reboot, a gray display with the login fields. Filling my username and password - nothing happens .The "progress pointer" runs

• To boot in verbose mode - no fault indicator
    • To boot into single user mode, performing fsck - no mistake
    • Login with Apple Remote Desktop - do not connect
    • Login with ssh - daemon is running, but my login credentials are not established
    • Login as normal user in single user mode - password not established
    Apparently, the only thing I have not tried so far is to boot into safe mode.

That was the explanation that worked for me in the similar state of affairs. In safe mode you could leave in and disable all items in the startup and uninstall all my "haxies". After that I could acquire usually with the troubles.

I also ripped the graphics window and select "other" and then type "> console" as username to get to a text console. From there I could access my main account without any problem. I must learn more about the sequence of entry of Apple and Apple should add a timeout mechanism the entry process and provide access safely.

Anyway, wimper out and visited the Apple Service Center, Genius Bar. Since the crash that was happening, both for my account and root account activated from single user mode, we conclude that the data do not share accounts user initialization and system re -install probably fix the problem. It did.