Thread: How to add workspaces in Linux Mint 11 Gnome?

How to add workspaces in Linux Mint 11 Gnome?

I am really missing the multiple workspaces that was there in the earlier version of the Linux mint. So that’s why I am asking you all if you can help me with the same that’s what I am saying here. I just want to know like how many workspaces a I add to the Gnome that’s what I need to know from you all. So what do you all have to say about the same I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same. So do reply accordingly on the same waiting for the response from your side.

Re: How to add workspaces in Linux Mint 11 Gnome?

Quote Originally Posted by Björn View Post
    I am really missing the multiple workspaces that was there in the earlier version of the Linux mint. So that’s why I am asking you all if you can help me with the same that’s what I am saying here. I just want to know like how many workspaces a I add to the Gnome that’s what I need to know from you all. So what do you all have to say about the same I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same. So do reply accordingly on the same waiting for the response from your side.
    The answer is very simple for you so what I am saying is that with the help of the Simple CompizConfig Settings Manager that can be accessed through the Control Center you can actually set the number of workspaces, so that’s what I am saying here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s what you should be doing as of now, so that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayanidhi View Post
    The answer is very simple for you so what I am saying is that with the help of the Simple CompizConfig Settings Manager that can be accessed through the Control Center you can actually set the number of workspaces, so that’s what I am saying here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s what you should be doing as of now, so that’s it from my side for you.
    Thanks for the suggestion I don’t know which version of the mint you are using but all I can say here is that these options are no longer available in the mint 11. So do listen to the question what I have asked here and then only answer out the question for me, so that’s what I am saying here, now what I want to say is that do give me suggestions for the Mint 11 that’s what I am waiting for, so do let me know about the same, do reply to me accordingly on the same.

Have you checked the add the workspace applet in the g nome panel if not then you can use that at the most you will be allowed to add only 4 workspaces in the same tahts what I am saying here, so hope you did understand what I am saying here. On making use of the avant-window-navigator and using their workspace switcher it shows me that I am making use of 4 workspaces in the system, so that’s why I am advising you to try out with the same and that will be better for you, that’s what I want to say here. So hope you did get the necessary information on the same that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHAR View Post
    Have you checked the add the workspace applet in the g nome panel if not then you can use that at the most you will be allowed to add only 4 workspaces in the same tahts what I am saying here, so hope you did understand what I am saying here. On making use of the avant-window-navigator and using their workspace switcher it shows me that I am making use of 4 workspaces in the system, so that’s why I am advising you to try out with the same and that will be better for you, that’s what I want to say here. So hope you did get the necessary information on the same that’s it from my side for you.
    Dude you know even I had a similar query and I amazed that somebody else did made a thread on that, so just having a look at the above said solution what I can say here is that I did try with the said solution and also used four-in-a-row workspaces to accommodate the Compiz cube what it did was that it gave me a freeze. Now I am not able to identify as I am having how many number of workspaces in the system? So that’s the situation in which I am stuck right now. So do reply on the same on what do you all have to say. So start commenting guys.

Look in the CompizConfig Settings Manager. Now open up the General Options, get to the Desktop Size tab now set up the workspace that you want to set it there, well you have the option of setting it as 2 by 2 workspaces or you can change it to 4 by 1 as well if you want to go with the desktop cube. So that’s what I am saying here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticod View Post
    Look in the CompizConfig Settings Manager. Now open up the General Options, get to the Desktop Size tab now set up the workspace that you want to set it there, well you have the option of setting it as 2 by 2 workspaces or you can change it to 4 by 1 as well if you want to go with the desktop cube. So that’s what I am saying here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.
    Ok I did have a check but that was showing me 4 by 1 as the default size that was there in it now on changing with the another desktop it is getting changes continuously. That’s what I am saying here, so hope you did understand what I am saying here. So what to do next?

I suppose you are not having the simple-ccsm or anything simple term if you can find it in the inyernet then it is well and good for you. I don’t think so without that you will be getting to see anything else that’s what I am saying here, so hope that was enough for you all that’s it from my side for you.