Thread: Installing tar.gz files in Linux Mint 11

Installing tar.gz files in Linux Mint 11

I just want to know how can I install the install tar.gz files? One method that I know is of the package manager and one thing it does is that it saves the trouble of typing the code in the terminal, that’s what it does. Anyways I want to know what do you think about the same that’s what I want to know from you so is there anything that you want to say then please do feel free to add over here that’s what I am saying here.

Re: Installing tar.gz files in Linux Mint 11

Files like tar.gz do contain source code for a program so the better part is that don’t go with the package manager and all it is not at all good so what I would say is that go with the manu al installation that would be better for you that’s what you should be doing at the present moment of time that’s it from my side for you.

Not all Linux systems use the same package management system as Mint. RPM-based systems like Fedora and OpenSUSE do give some problem with the game that’s what I want to say here, so hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you. So don’t go with the installer package file and all so it will be of not good use for you, that’s what I am saying here. So hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you.

Ok thanks for giving me a detailed explanation about the tar.gz/compile/make and it did work for me so thanks a ton for the same, appreciate the efforts that you have given here.