Thread: Installing jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin in Linux Mint 11

Installing jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin in Linux Mint 11

So anyone here who is aware of how to go ahead with the installation of jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin in my system, I want to install jdk in my system and hence I want to take some help from you all on the same and hence it would be better if you can give me some help on the same, so that’s what I want to say here.

If you all have any help for me then do please give me a reply on the same that would be much better for me that’s what I can say here. I am waiting for the help from you all guys.

Re: Installing jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin in Linux Mint 11

Quote Originally Posted by Gurjari View Post
    So anyone here who is aware of how to go ahead with the installation of jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin in my system, I want to install jdk in my system and hence I want to take some help from you all on the same and hence it would be better if you can give me some help on the same, so that’s what I want to say here.

If you all have any help for me then do please give me a reply on the same that would be much better for me that’s what I can say here. I am waiting for the help from you all guys.
    I don’t understand what’s the difficulty in that all you have to do is visit Sun java website and then download the particular file that you have suggested at the top and install it in the system that’s what you should be doing. How can you ask such type of silly questions over here.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykant View Post
    I don’t understand what’s the difficulty in that all you have to do is visit Sun java website and then download the particular file that you have suggested at the top and install it in the system that’s what you should be doing. How can you ask such type of silly questions over here.
    Dude I have done that i have already downloaded the file but I don’t know how to install it that’s where I am facing such kind of problem in the system, so it would be better if you can take some time and read my entire problem and then comment accordingly. So please do reply something over here waiting for the necessary help from you all.

Ok do one thing install the sun-java6-jdk in the package manner that’s what you should be doing here I hope you did understand what I am saying here so that’s what I am saying here. I also had the same problem sometimes ago with the jsdk file and all I did was installed in the package manner that’s what I am saying here, so hope you did understand what I am saying here, that’s what you should be doing here that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezriah View Post
    Ok do one thing install the sun-java6-jdk in the package manner that’s what you should be doing here I hope you did understand what I am saying here so that’s what I am saying here. I also had the same problem sometimes ago with the jsdk file and all I did was installed in the package manner that’s what I am saying here, so hope you did understand what I am saying here, that’s what you should be doing here that’s it from my side for you.
    Ok thanks for suggesting me that as well just to inform you that I had already tried that but was of no use to me at all, so it would be better if you can give me some good suggestiosn for the same that would be much better for me.

I don’t think so there is anything that I should add here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurjari View Post
    Ok thanks for suggesting me that as well just to inform you that I had already tried that but was of no use to me at all, so it would be better if you can give me some good suggestiosn for the same that would be much better for me.

I don’t think so there is anything that I should add here.
    Use Synaptic and check if the software is already in the repository. If it is not then I would advise you to go ahead with the manual update that’s what you should be doing here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here. I know it’s a very simple and a very efficient method. Do work on the same that’s it from my side for you.