Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Disappearing Folders

Operating Systems

Old 06-11-2011

Disappearing Folders

My folders have disappeared from desktop (only shortcuts left on desktop). The contents of the folders are still there as I can access them from another laptop (the icons are opaque) but are invisible when I search for them on the original laptop.
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Sony VAIO.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this?

Old 07-11-2011

Re: Disappearing Folders

Ok, then do a right click on your desktop and select arrange icons. Now go to the show desktop icons. Now do you get to see the option show desktop icons and in case if you don't get it to see then i would advise you to have a check with the registry. So what you should be doing is

1) open a run windows type regedit and enter.

2) Go to the following location navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3) Just check in the right pane you will be getting to see NoActiveDesktop and NoActiveDesktopChanges double click on that and set the value as 0.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,