Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to disable resume features of Mac OS X Lion

Operating Systems

Old 04-11-2011

How to disable resume features of Mac OS X Lion

I recently upgraded to Mac OS X Lion from Snow Leopard. How I can disable the OS summary functions Lion? Anyone here who can help me to overcome this issue.

Old 04-11-2011

Re: How to disable resume features of Mac OS X Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Shea! View Post
I recently upgraded to Mac OS X Lion from Snow Leopard. How I can disable the OS summary functions Lion? Anyone here who can help me to overcome this issue.
If you mean the above opening windows on startup, then the following. Apple> System Preferences> General uncheck "restore windows when leaving and re-open applications"
Old 04-11-2011

Doing this does not work for me. I've had this preference with disabilities from day two of Lion, but I still constantly have to close the same documents over and over again. Extremely annoying.
Old 04-11-2011

To do this, first open a Terminal. Run the following command to delete the application states except you may have:

Code:
rm -r '~/Library/Saved Application State/*'
chmod -R a-w '~/Library/Saved Application State'
defaults write com.apple.loginwindow TALLogoutSavesState -bool false
chmod a-w ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist
sudo chown root ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist
Old 04-11-2011

I cannot wait to attempt this when I get home. I have an ongoing problem with iTunes before launching an external drive to keep the iTunes library begins to rotate and mounted. I have a script to wait for the drive assembly and launch of iTunes, but this does not work when iTunes starts automatically. Disabling resume should prevent iTunes launched, and let the script work as intended, without having to remember to uncheck the verify box to log every time.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,