Thread: Unable to use camera with Mac OS x lion

Unable to use camera with Mac OS x lion

I have a late 2008 release of the MacBook Pro I just installed Lion, my camera is not operational. He says there is no camera associated. I used my camera a group of snow Leopard. I do not be acquainted with what the trouble. Let me know if you be able to help?

Re: Unable to use camera with Mac OS x lion

I have the same trouble with my camera do not work on MacBook Pro 17 after the setting up of Lion. It does not function in photo booth or FaceTime, or log in as a further user. At a halt acquire" no camera associated. "Many posts in this refer users to the" SMC reset "explanation. I tried this and do nothing to resolve the trouble. I also tried the" upgrade your Flash player "idea and did nothing.

Same here! I also called tech hold up and not a lot of other belongings like reinstalling OS lion. Still not operational. Not certain what to do after that. You be capable to go to Apple Store I adore my camera in my laptop! On a positive note, the apple representative was great in helping me with the trouble. I have faith that is the trouble.

I have the same trouble with my MacBook 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo after installing LION. I just upgraded the flash version, but the problem remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
    I have the same trouble with my MacBook 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo after installing LION. I just upgraded the flash version, but the problem remains.
    If you reset the PRAM be supposed to fix it. Turn off your PC. Back on. Hold down the Control, Option, P, R. previous to the gray screen appears. Clutch until you hear the second "ding"

After trying, what appeared to be all on the software side of things, I go to the Apple store. The Genius Bar person and ran from side to side all the identical things without setting so that completed it had to be hardware. We have the same opinion that since it was working before, the hardware should not be the trouble, but he was out of explanation. They put back my whole exhibit module and the camera.

I do not know what else to reset the hardware change, nevertheless now the camera works again. I still locate it solid to consider that it was essentially a hardware difficulty. Particularly with everybody having the same trouble. I deduce there was more to do with some re they did when the hardware has distorted since my clock was out and my settings were dissimilar. Of course, this would be a charge of $ 310 nevertheless I was under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Baako View Post
    After trying, what appeared to be all on the software side of things, I go to the Apple store. The Genius Bar person and ran from side to side all the identical things without setting so that completed it had to be hardware. We have the same opinion that since it was working before, the hardware should not be the trouble, but he was out of explanation. They put back my whole exhibit module and the camera.

I do not know what else to reset the hardware change, nevertheless now the camera works again. I still locate it solid to consider that it was essentially a hardware difficulty. Particularly with everybody having the same trouble. I deduce there was more to do with some re they did when the hardware has distorted since my clock was out and my settings were dissimilar. Of course, this would be a charge of $ 310 nevertheless I was under warranty.
    I just did an update, which includes the firmware and fixes. I have a MacBook pro 2011 running i5 lion> please let me know if you got any more doubt