Thread: High CPU utilization caused by BTServer in Mac OS X Lion

High CPU utilization caused by BTServer in Mac OS X Lion

I just got a new MacBook Pro with OS X 10.7.1 Lion and updated. I have observe the process of using BTServer cause high CPU two times. One morning, I also become aware of that the fan was running loudly, while the lid was closed and the computer was locked, I had to force shutdown. Anyone seeing similar troubles? Do a search on Google for BTServer or even here on the Apple Support Communities does not lead to anything related to Lion in all.

re: High CPU utilization caused by BTServer in Mac OS X Lion

I have a macbook pro and 2.2 GHz, while at a cafe, I noticed my battery drain very quickly and was out to control the activity BTServer was running with high CPU utilization. i killed the process and did not notice any loss of functionality. Not sure what I had to do with so much damn CPU cycles! Is it Bluetooth? i still do not have Bluetooth. I’m not happy about it having to be something that had to keep an eye on when I'm trying to maximize battery life.

I have this identical thing myself trouble a new-fangled MacBook Air running 10.7.1. I am a developer as well, so it makes sense if you have something to do with the IOS simulator. With any luck Apple will update the software before this trouble. Meanwhile, I've only been using the Activity Monitor to quit the process BTServer. My fan decreases immediately when you do.

I also noticed this issue a while ago. nevertheless with a little dissimilar than some of the guys wrote above - iPhone simulator that has by now been stopped up for approximately 6 hours and since then the MacBook has been sleeping until now.

I do not imagine it has anything to do with Lion. I have the same trouble in Leopard 10.6.8.I think it's somewhat in recent betas IOS5.I'm a developer too, and this trouble only occurs when I'm open IOS Simulator (if used).

Only confirm that they have this problem, too. And that death BTServer works. I’ve noticed this since installing Xcode 4.2 w / IOS 5 beta 6. That has occurred on a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and Lion Air MacBook running; it seems self-governing of the OS.

In addition, the IOS simulator is not necessarily run in the time of high CPU usage, but it has been in place since the restart. Sometimes, simply restart the simulator does the trick.

Recently I noticed the same problem, and a lot of details to support the party - an evening dev construction work (August 2011) Xcode 4.2, running IOS simulator. BTServer not always start going crazy, but in my MacBook Air 2010 that sometimes when you start taking up 150-170% CPU in activity monitor, and I would kill the procedure with superior consequences.

Tried to quit IOS simulator and that does the trick too. I wish there was a method I received notification that she's going crazy before waiting for the fan to establish the ramp and the battery consumption.

Just had this trouble and I have launched the iPhone simulator since restarting my machine. I was doing some coding work in the morning, we went to eat and had some meetings, we returned to find my machine running at 97 C. And the fans, so eager to distance at 6,000 RPM. BTServer kill in the Activity Monitor quickly brought things back to normal. I’m on 10.7.1 and Xcode Developer Preview 4.2 Beta 7.

Same trouble: the CPU load caused by the process even in Xcode 4.2 BTServer GM in Snow Leopard. The problem seems to appear always to awaken from the dream of a MacBook with the simulator running on the left.

I've had the trouble for some time BTServer too. It does not disappear with the new XCode (4C199). I'm running OS X 10.6.8

I can kill, but returns immediately. XCode is not even running. (When I first read this thread a month ago that could kill BTServer and not coming back right away. I think it came back when it launched XCode and the iPhone simulator, but I'm not sure because I do not pay as much attention in then, as it seemed to work and I thought the problem disappears when the new XCode left.)

Re: High CPU utilization caused by BTServer in Mac OS X Lion

I just received a response from Apple - which had previously recorded this issue in Bug. As I said before I do not think there is a way forward publicly the specific errors, but I cannot verify that I am getting a connection mistake right now. I'll post again if I get another update.