Thread: How to Start Application from .dmg in Mac OS X

How to Start Application from .dmg in Mac OS X

I wonder what happens if you start an application from a file. Dmg. Will also place preference files and the style of your Mac or just starting out, without putting a single file on your Mac? And what kind of file. Dmg should be (read / write and DVD / CD master)?

Re: How to Start Application from .dmg in Mac OS X

I do not recommend starting an application from the DMG. If you end up pulling the dmg, or fall while running the application, is upset because the application is in use.

Move their applications to the Applications folder. Save the DMG if you want a backup in a separate installers, and cannot afford to make a full backup or cloning Time Machine.

Moreover, the shortcuts in the Dock and Finder sidebar often lose their association when removing the DMG and have to be reassigned each time you run the application. People incorrectly consider that the dock and Finder sidebars are folders, delete your DMGS after holding the application only to discover everyone who has left behind is a shortcut. Keep the application in the Applications folder to avoid this problem. Nor Dock or sidebars to the left of the Finder are folders. They are just places to keep shortcuts.

I want to start an application only once to export the information I have in a proprietary format to a text file. That's why I would like the implementation of a DMG, because I have no plans to use the application after this time. This time, it will leave behind files in the system (when booting from the dmg)?

Yes, in general, as many already that if you start from the hard drive. Applications that do not include system components can be launched from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
    Yes, in general, as many already that if you start from the hard drive. Applications that do not include system components can be launched from anywhere.
    Is there any technique to open an application, which leaves no outline?

Quote Originally Posted by !Shea! View Post
    Is there any technique to open an application, which leaves no outline?
    Assuming that does not require any system component, put all the documents needed to make use within / Users / Shared / and the make use of of a temporary guest or Mac OS X user account to run it.

Ok thanks! I did not think the guest account. When I shut down the Mac after having used the guest account, everything will be deleted automatically? The preference files and other files in the library are not deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by !Shea! View Post
    Ok thanks! I did not think the guest account. When I shut down the Mac after having used the guest account, everything will be deleted automatically? The preference files and other files in the library are not deleted?
    Your home folder and the contents are erased when you close the session and therefore, restart and shut down.These are included in the main content of the folder.