Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Detected Authentication Error for the server DNS

Operating Systems

Old 03-11-2011

Detected Authentication Error for the server DNS

I received an error in event viewer "Detected an authentication error for the server (DNS name). The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "currently no logon servers available to service the logon request (0xc000005e).

For more information,Please refer to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp [Help and Support Center].

Event ID : 40960
Event Source : LSASRV

This servers is running windows server 2003 enterprise R2 and it is a virtual environment (vmware).

The ip address, gateway, netmask and prefered/alternate DNS (Private DNS) is configured manually.

Currently the systems is not yet connected to any domain and by default it still in workgroup.

The firewall has been disabled. This event was only occurs on 3 systems which the details I have given

is the same.

Please someone help me to troubleshoot as I'm still new in this field.

Old 04-11-2011

Re: Detected Authentication Error for the server DNS

Can you try to run the following command on the root domain controllers of the parent domain and of the child domain and see if that works. This command resets the trust relationship between the parent and child domain.

Netdom trust
trusting_domain_name /Domain:trusted_domain_name /UserD:user /PasswordD:* /UserO:user /PasswordO:* /reset

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,