Thread: After restart, Assign to All Desktop" unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

After restart, Assign to All Desktop" unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

I have more than a few applications that have been assigned to demonstrate me "All desktops", on the other hand, after doing a reboot, and these applications are magically restored, although still claim to be assigned to "All computers desktop "which merely come into view in the first desk. I have then assigned to "The Desktop" back to "All desktops" before it will appear on all desktops.

Although rarely reboot, it's annoying having to go through the applications and reinstate your display settings each time. I do not know if it is possibly part of the trouble, but all the applications I put "All desktops" I can observe on the second monitor (I do this so that I can have things like Safari on the second monitor, and always accessible, no matter what I'm working on my main screen).

Re: After restart, Assign to All Desktop" unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

Yes, precisely the same difficulty here. And attractive sufficient, too, but the applications you want to appear on all my desktops in the second monitor. I think that this issue might have something to do with it. Hope for a solution; I have presented this as a response to Apple.

I'll chip in the same trouble. This is happening on a MacBook Pro without additional monitor, and it is connected to having multiple monitors.

This is exactly what I've been struggling with - no applications continue to appear on all desktops, but said she still "All desktops" in the Dock menu. Mine is a MacBook Pro, so deal with this constant as frequently reboot. It's really frustrating for the operating system does not do what is supposed to do.

Just to add, same trouble with 10.7.2 and both single and dual monitor.

I am also having MacBook and the external monitor and 10.7.2. Toggle the setting of "All desktops" to "None" and then back to "all" fixes it, but only until the next time it closes.

I do not desire to remove all my preferences and have to reconfigure. So I did some research and I imagine I noticed a more precise solution. The Spaces preferences file in Lion are here: / Library / Preferences / com.apple.spaces.plist

For some reason, / Library is hidden by default in Lion, so to get there you have to show it. Type the following command in Terminal: chflags nohidden / Library

In fact, the application in question was already set to "all areas". He also tried nuking the plist and start again, but the same. Let us know if you have any success. I'm with you but to bomb all preferences. In fact, not an option

You're right, it did not work. I tried changing the settings in the plist file and delete the plist file everything and start again, and did not solve the trouble.

However, here there is more than proven that there seems to have worked, at least for a restart, I deleted the saved state of an application to the Finder.

Elimination of the work of application saves the state, but only if you tell it never to save the state of the application form, i.e. by blocking / Library / Application State Saving / com.apple.finder. Saved State /.

That's not the best solution, since then I have to re-open the five or six Finder windows usually kept open, which takes the same time to reset the options of spaces.

Found that the same is true on my end By the way, is a little utility I found the weekend to turn the state saved by the application, along with some useful settings - called Tinker Tool. I know you can do everything through the terminal, but found this makes it easier.