Thread: CPU is utilized 100% by dock in Mac OS X Lion

CPU is utilized 100% by dock in Mac OS X Lion

My process of spring, subsequent to a while, it starts to make use of 100% of one CPU core. I am able to kill the Dock process and the whole thing returns to normal once you reboot the Dock. I have no thought what is causing the dock to start the CPU consumption. Has anyone else seen this or have any thoughts on how to examine?

Re: CPU is utilized 100% by dock in Mac OS X Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Parnell View Post
    My process of spring, subsequent to a while, it starts to make use of 100% of one CPU core. I am able to kill the Dock process and the whole thing returns to normal once you reboot the Dock. I have no thought what is causing the dock to start the CPU consumption. Has anyone else seen this or have any thoughts on how to examine?
    Running parallel, upgrade to the most recent version of Parallels.

I have not installed Parallels. (I have VMware Fusion, v3, nevertheless not in the Dock and I have been with for months.) There must be something else.

Most dock applications is provided by Apple. Others are Bionic, Skype, Adium, TextMate, TextWrangler, Twitter, and sinks of time. The latter is not running (in fact I detached it from the Dock, maybe that helps!

I have not installed VMware Fusion and I'm having this trouble. Parallels No, not anything strange. It started just after the last Lion update.

What is occurrence to me? I have the previous Lion and VMware Fusion, 8 GB RAM, 2 GB and XP in VMware. My Macbook is about 1.8to 2.3 years old.

I'm not convinced that VMware is the trouble, though, as when you leave, the spring was still in the CPU over 100% (up to 300%). I leave all applications, and did not stop until they killed the dock. Security appears to be a trouble of Lion.

Several people have reported this trouble. While many seem to connect it with Parallels or Fusion, it seems to be a way around it, and once that happens the merely thing that seems to work is to kill the Dock and let it reboot. The superior news is that the murder of Dock solves the trouble, and automatically restarts the dock, at least not too throbbing to resolve the trouble until Apple can provide a explanation.

I have also observed this using VMware 4 and Lion. I realized that if I had VMware running and closed the lid of my MBP, when he awoke from new pier began to consume large amounts of CPU and the fans went crazy. Pausing the VM and restart the Dock all calmed down again. When you resume my all VM's fine. Spring is back to about 0.2% of the CPU. I'll see how it goes, but has been running fine for a couple of hours. n this can be resolved faster.

I tried turning off the desktop background images.it were animated in a cycle of 30 minutes. That did not help.

After killing the dock in the Activity Monitor, the easiest way I found to reset it to access the Apple menu and scroll down to the dock.

I've now switched that off to see if that helps. I typically awaken my Mac by opening the lid, then connecting an external display, then closing the lid again. Dock often goes to 100% at that time. (I will have to test further to see at which step).I noticed my system.log is full of this, at the time I awoke the Mac and the Dock went to 100%