Thread: What do you mean by gnkvhdsm.sys?

What do you mean by gnkvhdsm.sys?

today morning I have found process gnkvhdsm.sys on the computer of mine. I was not able to find out the meaning of the same and hence I have searched on the Google to get the idea of the thing but there was nothing which I use to get the requirement of mine. Any help to get the requirement of mine will be highly apprecaited. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What do you mean by gnkvhdsm.sys?

To find out the root cause of the problem I am asking following question which you should answer. Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? Is there any changes on the computer of yours? Let me know if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem.

I think you need to boot the computer into safe mode and see whether you can find something interesting. To boot the computer into safe mode you should use the following instruction.
    Restart the computer of yours and start pressing F8 from the keyboard.
    Now select the Safe mode from the advance boot menu by using the arrow key and press enter.

I have done bit research work on this particular matter and I have come to know about that it is a driver file and it is located at the windows/etc/drivers folder. It is necessary for the smooth running of the Windows which you have installed. You should not delete the file since it is most important file.

Well I am suspecting that there is virus issue associated. Hence I am suggesting that you should run a virus scan by using the antivirus program on the computer of yours. Personally I recommend that you should run a virus scan by using Malwarebytes. Once you have completed with the virus scan you should reboot the computer and see whether it is working or not.

After going through the problem of yours I recommend that you should simply clean install the operating system on the computer of yours. In case it is not useful to you by any mean then I recommend that you should contact the technical support team to get the further assistance on this particular matter. I am hoping that they will help me out to fix the issue which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread.