Thread: The CD/DVD drive device driver is missing in windows 8

The CD/DVD drive device driver is missing in windows 8

I was before using a 64bit edition of Windows 7. Later on I upgraded to Windows 8. I did that by downloading the ISO file of Windows 8 OS. And ran the setup. After running the same there was a bit issue with the dvd drive. It is not working. there are few more hardware which failed. Like the resolution is quiet large. I can see big size text on the screen. My lan and audio are working fine. I want some help here to fix this thing. I had seen in Device Manager, there are many hardware which has a exclamation mark on them.

If your internet is working then you can download the latest drivers. For that first you will need the model of your motherboard. If you are not sure about then run CPU-z on your system. In that go in the main board section and note down the model. Search that on web and you can from there download the drivers. You can install them and this issue will be resolved.

Remember to download proper drivers on the basis of your operating system. You are having a 64bit version. Don't install 32bit drivers. Your system might crash. You can do one more thing. Go in Device Manager and right click on the hardware who's drivers are missing. Choose update driver. Windows might try to find the drivers online and add them. Most of this are added through windows update.