Thread: How to remove time limit remover from Windows 8

How to remove time limit remover from Windows 8

I have noticed that the time limits in Windows 8 is not working properly. Whenever any members of my family login, then the user activity shows no logged time while they can continue for hours. When I called MS then they told me to call the manufacturer and they told me to use a tool called System Mechanic which worked for few days but now it doesnt work. Can anyone tell me how do I remove this time limit completely from Windows 8 now? Thanks

Re: How to remove time limit remover from Windows 8

It seems to me that the Family Safety files might have been corrupted in your computer. So, to fix this problem you will need to delete all teh contents that are residing under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls. You can also try to refer to an article called "Problems with Family Safety time limits and PC activity reporting in Windows" by searching it on google and solve the issue that you are facing.

Re: How to remove time limit remover from Windows 8

The problem that you are facing could be caused by Sync issue with your computer and the Family Safety website. So to solve this problem you need to re-configure your child account. To do that remove the child through the Family Safety website, so sign in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com using parent account. After that click on anage the list of Family members. After that check the child account and then click Delete and click again on Delete to confirm.

First of all hold Windows key on your keyboard and then press R key. After that type services.msc and then press Enter. Now search for the Family Safety and then right click > Properties and verify if startup type, should be Automatic. Apply the changes if it is needed. After that right click on Family Safety again on the Services Window and then click Start / Restart if Start is disabled.