Thread: Does Ubuntu 12.04 LTS have unity?

Does Ubuntu 12.04 LTS have unity?

I have Asus K40IE with nVidia GForce 310M. I don’t similar to the unity menu whatsoever, its quite confusing and more complicated than the consistent 10.10 interface. Also it tries not to support my graphics card. Will Ubuntu 12.04 LTS have unity? is it conceivable to make it look and feel precisely like 10.10 eg: needs to have the applications, situations n system menu on top left.

Re: Does Ubuntu 12.04 LTS have unity?

Ubuntu appears to be focusing on Unity as the default desktop, so I think Unity will for sure be combined in 12.04LTS (as the default DE). I'm certain you are able to install GNOME and utilize that as your default DE provided that you try not to like Unity.

Ubuntu 11.04 unity tries not to support my graphics card, does it mean the same for 12.04 unity? Moreover if Unity 3D could not venture to run on your lifelike card, then the fallback mode Unity 2D conceivable will.

I am confident 12.04 for the Gnome desktop will come as standard with Unity, yet assuming that you no longer such as to utilize Gnome there are alternate desktops for you to utilize for example XFCE; LXDE; KDE. Quit speculation the Windows method; you’re not limited to utilizing a single desktop.

Ubuntu 12.04 in all probability still in the paper-work organize so this is TOO EARLY to wax eloquent regarding that at this time Second of all, Unity quite similar to every last item else in the programming planet can be enhanced and updated.

There are many alternatives, Ubuntu-Based System with Different DE (Desktop Environment) which could be speedier than Unity, same or a bit slower KDE, XFCE, LXDE and others. Independently, I favor GNOME 2.x (which as I studied no more backed) and LXDE. My Favorite is LXDE and I don't should inconvenience myself with Unity and its stuff. I require something that works, I don't require 3D.

I concur with the above assumptions about desktop domains. I've recognized support for beforehand unsupported movie cards in late discharges of ubuntu so I think your card could well be underpinned by the time 12.04 turns out. Yet in the interim I suggest attempting Kubuntu. I utilize both Ubuntu with Unity and Kubuntu, never would have liked to attempt it for an extended time but gave it an attempt newly and I need to express I've gone gaga for KDE. In the event that your machine is sensibly compelling (in all probability 2GHz double center CPU or a 3GHz single heart with 1GB of RAM, preferably 2GB) I state give KDE an attempt.

I’m encountering some discriminating situation with my machine and ubuntu which is stopping me from utilizing ubuntu 24/7. for instance with my 10.10 I can’t unite to the wifi without AC capacity supply on the grounds that it stops which implies I lost my laptops convenience, and 11.04 tries not to begin up (dark screen) when the illustrations driver is established.

Unity will most exceptionally be the default in 12.04 LTS, but the development for 11.10 hasn't even fulfilled yet; so its not 100% certain and confirmed. Your representation card needs to be supported with Unity. My design card is a more advanced in years crop than yours and its fine. I was having a situation with Unity on 11.04, which appears to besettled on 11.10; so probably give 11.10 an attempt. Give it a week.

There is likewise a 2D version of Unity in 11.10 (and 11.04's repositories) that will work no matter what representation card you have. You won't have the ability to make it look and carry on precisely like Gnome, but the gnome -fallback-session in 11.10's repositories

Recall when the maximize/minimize buttons were moved to the top alternate. It was all part of a guile arrangement that beyond any doubt moves toward getting sorted by 12.04. Try not to anticipate Canonical to update heading.

Some users who didn't enjoy Unity have moved to Lubuntu and them just adoring it. Lubuntu 11.10 should be the first official ubuntu variant release. Lubuntu is good for old machines for the reason that its super speedy. Be that as it may, as I specified, a large number of users who don't love Unity are utilizing it even with new machines.