Thread: Big transitions scheduled for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Big transitions scheduled for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Hi everyone, Oneiric the overall transition to gtk3 and Gnome3 and some noteworthy purpose (similar to an official instrument for font customization and so forth) isn't achieved yet. So I wonder, is there an additional huge transition booked for Ubuntu 12.04 too?

Re: Big transitions scheduled for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

It'll be moving to the Windows NT "Minwin" kernel. No, but genuinely, I don't think there's any exact transitions in the works that will influence Ubuntu 12.04. You could have the ability to run an exceptionally fundamental Unity desktop session in Wayland, ought to you decide on to install it, but that won't be by default. In consideration of 12.04 is a LTS the alterations will probably blunder on the side of alert and stability. Don't alter your roots post manually-utilize the "Repositories" window in Synaptic or Ubuntu Software Center.

Possibly there will be no major updates, I think a large kernel of (brand new) framework segments even now arrived and now require just being stable and performing ground dwelling insect. By the side of piece, xorg, wayland trial support and drop of metacity for unity-2d, I don't predict anything exact. Don't comprehend what the roadmap for little person > 3.2 is, trust nothing transcendental (perused some other region that little person 4.0 could be an OS in place of a de!). I accept this time to install oneiric to any machine and hold up persistently to PP its release.

Well the rumors for 11.04 were Firefox seems to be dropped energetic about chromium, if they came support again it could not be a shock regarding the uproar Mozilla have installed now that a release support following 6 weeks.

I was in the process of speculating. I don't think anything is anticipated 12.04 yet, it doesn't even have a codename. Sad for getting your trusts up!

Chromium supplanting Firefox is simply speculation and wishful deduction. Chromium is not absurdly superior to Firefox. Chromium is preferable at a few things and Firefox is preferred at a few. Mozilla does have stronger open root rationality than Google, and that apart from everyone else could be sufficient to win the argument.

The thing that secures the release cycle thing for me is that part of the add-ons I download in Firefox whenever an overhaul goes out then no longer work, and part of the add-ons I hunt down are just supported up until Firefox (embed version something greater than a week old here) where as the alternate part just run on Firefox (embed version less than a week old here) if this would be able to be sorted so join-ons run no matter how you look at it id have no complaints.

I do lean toward Mozilla open cause eagerness by a wide margin, I think googles undertaking is a great deal more, "depending on if we release the code then every warm body else will do every last trace of the work for us and we could probably squash it support as a single unit to produce a newfangled release of chrome each month".

I could rather support Mozilla too essentially on standards but at the instant I’m much leaning toward chromium for appearance and convenience.

There are a few things that when utilizing chromium I actually considered plan, case in point, no supporting for rss channel administration, no default bookmark menu choice (I scorn bookmark toolbars) no alternative to clear history on passageway, but once having found a connect-to for anything it is matched up to your record so you don’t need to reinstall and update them following time you install, I might go rearward and advances for matures being as how I’m still absolutely torn amidst the a few but I’m course off theme at present so unwell wrap up my ramblings there.