Thread: How to take the ownership of files in Windows 8 Developer Preview 8102?

How to take the ownership of files in Windows 8 Developer Preview 8102?

I am not able to take the ownership of the developer preview edition of this particular operating system cant understand what can be the problem behind it do you all have some idea behind it then do let me know about the same. how will I be able to get the ownership of my files that’s a very important task for me about the same and hence I am waiting for you all to give a reply to the same. do reply accordingly over here. waiting for the necessary help.

Re: How to take the ownership of files in Windows 8 Developer Preview 8102?

Quote Originally Posted by Am_Charlie View Post
    I am not able to take the ownership of the developer preview edition of this particular operating system cant understand what can be the problem behind it do you all have some idea behind it then do let me know about the same. how will I be able to get the ownership of my files that’s a very important task for me about the same and hence I am waiting for you all to give a reply to the same. do reply accordingly over here. waiting for the necessary help.
    That is a simple method to do I don’t know if it works with the windows 8 or not but the method that I know over here is that go to the command prompt and then type the command

Code:
    ‘takeown /f filename’
    So that’s the necessary thing that you should be doing over here hope you did understand what I am trying to say here that’s it from my side for you all.

I have got a attachment file for you inside it there are two registry's one of them is for the InstallTakeOwnership.re and the other one is the RemoveTakeOwnership.reg. so you will have to click on the InstallTakeOwnership.reg to install Take Ownership option in context menu. So hope you did understand what was the necessary method for you that’s it from my side for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No need of registries and all, I have a got a very much simple method for you, so what I am saying is that right click on that file and then go to the properties. In the properties click on security and then go to the advanced button. Check out the Advanced Security Settings window that you can find under owner. Select change. Now you will be getting the option of changing the owner, so that’s what you should be doing over here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you.

Do one thing I am giving you a code, save it in a word file and then rename it with takeown.reg.

Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

Quote Originally Posted by Jessalyn View Post
    Do one thing I am giving you a code, save it in a word file and then rename it with takeown.reg.

Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
    I don’t think so the code that you all have given here is possible for all the languages that’s what I know here I hope you all do understand what I am saying here. The spelling administrators will be spelled in a different manner in a different language that’s what I want to say here. so hope you all are getting what I am trying to say here, that’s it from my side for you all, anything else that you need to know then do let me know about it as soon as possible that’s what I want to say here.

Yes you are probably right I did not get a hint about the same that’s what I want to say here, anyways I will have a look at the different attachment that you all have provided and see to it that it works for me and that’s what I want to say here, so thanks a ton for the same.