Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?

Operating Systems


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 24-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?
  

I just want to know if there is any cheat code for keeping the old start menu as it is and enabling all the metro features that are there in the phone so that?s what I need to know about it. do you all have any idea about it then do let me know about it as soon as possible that?s what I am saying here. I am hearing from some of my friends about the same and hence I did ask accordingly so do you all have any idea about the same. in case if you all are having some information about the same then do revert back to me as soon as possible on the same that will be much better for me that?s what I feel here.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 380
re: Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen!camp View Post
I just want to know if there is any cheat code for keeping the old start menu as it is and enabling all the metro features that are there in the phone so that?s what I need to know about it. do you all have any idea about it then do let me know about it as soon as possible that?s what I am saying here. I am hearing from some of my friends about the same and hence I did ask accordingly so do you all have any idea about the same. in case if you all are having some information about the same then do revert back to me as soon as possible on the same that will be much better for me that?s what I feel here.
See there is no official cheat that is being developed by the Microsoft people about the same but I think some third party people will be planning to deal with it that?s what I feel and hence what I can say is that just probably look out for some kind of cheat codes here and there for the same and accordingly you will be getting the information that?s what I can say here.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 392
re: Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?

I am giving you some shortcuts that will be surely be helpful for you in having any interacting with the metro UI, so you should go ahead and have a check about the same

Code:
Windows key+C			Opens Charms Bar
Windows key+H			Opens Share Charm
Windows key+I			Opens Settings Charm
Windows key+K			Opens Connect Charm
Windows key+Q			Opens Search pane
Windows key+W			Opens Settings Search app
Windows key+Z			Opens App Bar
Windows key+Tab			Cycles through Metro Applications
Windows key+F			Opens File Search App
Windows key+Shift+Ctrl+Tab	Cycles through Metro Applications in Snap (Backwards)

Windows key+Ctrl+Tab		Cycles through Metro Applications in Snap
Windows key+Enter		Launches Narrator
Windows key+Shift+.		Moves the Snap view to the left
Windows key+Spacebar		Switch input language and keyboard layout
Windows key+.			Moves the Snap view to the right
Windows key+Y			Temporarily peek at the desktop
Windows key+O			Locks device orientation
Windows key+V			Cycles through toasts
Windows key+Shift+V		Cycles through toasts in reverse order
Ctrl+Scrollwheel		Semantic Zoom


Home				Jumps to the first Tile
End				Jumps to the last Tile
PgDown				Moves Startscreen to the right
PgUp				Moves Startscreen to the left
So hope you have got the necessary information on the same just give a try guys.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 231
re: Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?

I am giving you a tweak over here must check out the tweak and revert back to me if that was useful for you or not I am sure it will be for you so do have a check about the same that’s what I am saying here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MUITW8.zip (284.5 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
re: Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
I am giving you a tweak over here must check out the tweak and revert back to me if that was useful for you or not I am sure it will be for yo9u so do have a check about the same that?s what I am saying here.
Ok thanks for suggesting me about the freeware but what is it exactly and what benefits will it give me do you all have any idea about it then please do reveal it to me, that would be great for sure, so do reveal out the same.

I mean If I run this firmware what are the features that I will be getting with it that?s what I am asking over here? so do tell me about the same I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same, do reply accordingly over here. waiting for the necessary help.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 231
re: Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen!camp View Post
Ok thanks for suggesting me about the freeware but what is it exactly and what benefits will it give me do you all have any idea about it then please do reveal it to me, that would be great for sure, so do reveal out the same.

I mean If I run this firmware what are the features that I will be getting with it that?s what I am asking over here? so do tell me about the same I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same, do reply accordingly over here. waiting for the necessary help.
On running that particular program, it will make a folder in your Windows Directory labeled Metro UI Tool. The purpose of creation of that folder is that it will keep your Power Option apps at one place and you will not have to worry about the same being mishandled or misplaced.
The features are
1) Disabling metro start menu.
2) Disabling Metro Ribbon
3) If you want then you will be getting the freedom of adding applications to the Metro UI Start Menu Screen.
So that are the benefits of it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
re: Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?

Ok that?s great the feature of adding personalized applications in the start menu screen was the great thing in it and I would love to see such kind of features coming up more, so that?s what I am saying here.

Thanks for the efforts that you have put in over here, it was really great.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Is there a cheat to enable Standard Start Menu with all Metro features for Windows 8?"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Start Menu VS Classic Start Menu of Windows Bhumi Polls & Voting 3 25-06-2012 03:41 PM
Classic Shell start menu and other similar features for Windows 7 Kunal_R.One Customize Desktop 8 25-03-2012 11:49 AM
Need to uninstall Windows Vista start menu and return back to the Windows 7 start menu NatwarL@L Customize Desktop 6 11-03-2012 05:35 PM
Need suggestion on new metro start menu look of windows 8. Saddys Operating Systems 8 22-10-2011 10:20 PM
Metro 2033 Cheat Woes Fontaine Video Games 4 19-05-2010 03:27 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:10 AM.