Thread: Testing devices in Home network with Windows 8

Testing devices in Home network with Windows 8

I have two laptops at my place in which one of them has a dual booting with windows 7 and windows 8. While the other laptop boots with the windows 8 exclusively, now what I have noticed with the testing is that in the network laptop 1 when booted only with the windows 7 then it can see laptop 2 with windows 8. Now interesting when laptop 2 booted with windows 8 cannot see laptop 1 with windows 7 at all, now that’s a interesting thing that I have noticed with the test however whats your take on the same it would be very much interesting to hear it from you all on the same that’s what I am asking here, so do reply accordingly on the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all.

Re: Testing devices in Home network with Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by BALFOUR View Post
    I have two laptops at my place in which one of them has a dual booting with windows 7 and windows 8. While the other laptop boots with the windows 8 exclusively, now what I have noticed with the testing is that in the network laptop 1 when booted only with the windows 7 then it can see laptop 2 with windows 8. Now interesting when laptop 2 booted with windows 8 cannot see laptop 1 with windows 7 at all, now that’s a interesting thing that I have noticed with the test however whats your take on the same it would be very much interesting to hear it from you all on the same that’s what I am asking here, so do reply accordingly on the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all.
    Ok that’s a interesting example or experiments that you have displayed here worth watching for sure, so I would love to have another glimpse of the same for sure and hence that’s the reason why even I would love to experiment with the same over here as well, that’s what I am saying here, so hope you all did understand what I am saying here. that’s it from my side for you.

Ok with that we can see that how much specific is the windows 8 computer and I would also project a good amount of security in the windows 8 system as well, so that definitely sounds interesting for me would be worth to have a look at it that’s for sure.

Also one more interesting aspect that comes out of it is that windows 7 did not have any complications showing up the windows 8 computer at all, that’s really strange for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyI View Post
    Ok with that we can see that how much specific is the windows 8 computer and I would also project a good amount of security in the windows 8 system as well, so that definitely sounds interesting for me would be worth to have a look at it that’s for sure.

Also one more interesting aspect that comes out of it is that windows 7 did not have any complications showing up the windows 8 computer at all, that’s really strange for me.
    I would say that it is a issue why would you rate it is a plus point if a device does not appears in the network then how come it will get the data items or send the data items that’s what I am not understanding at all, this will be a issue for me and it would be better if the developers get a fix for this issue, yes the issue does not sounds to be a very grave one and it needs to be solved as soon as possible but it would be ok if the developer give a attention for the same and also think of incorporating some changes as well, that’s what I am hoping for.

So this is my opinion for you all, don’t know how many of them will agree to me over here. I would wait and watch for that.

See there might be a possibility that the method by which you are trying to access them is totally wrong so that can be a possibility for sure. have you got it mapped to the network locations? The networked locations that you are talking about may I know which is the operating system that you have used for them? so all the questions that I am asking here should be answered out for sure that would giveme an idea of what is the mistake oer here, so do answer me out first.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykant View Post
    See there might be a possibility that the method by which you are trying to access them is totally wrong so that can be a possibility for sure. have you got it mapped to the network locations? The networked locations that you are talking about may I know which is the operating system that you have used for them? so all the questions that I am asking here should be answered out for sure that would giveme an idea of what is the mistake oer here, so do answer me out first.
    The one with which I am trying to access is using the windows 7 ultimate, yes I have mapped it to the network locations as well. So I have taken into consideration of whatever things that you have made and tried to explain me in the post so get started with something else if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BALFOUR View Post
    The one with which I am trying to access is using the windows 7 ultimate, yes I have mapped it to the network locations as well. So I have taken into consideration of whatever things that you have made and tried to explain me in the post so get started with something else if possible.
    Ensure that your network sharing option is turned on and also In Explorer, beneath the Network heading on the left hand side you will be able to get to see the machines that are there in the network. So you would be able to connect it to the user folder wit the help of that machine, so that’s what I am saying here, you should be doing with it. revert back to me if you have touched up on all the conditions that I have placed here, do let me know if that works for you or not, so that’s what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykant View Post
    Ensure that your network sharing option is turned on and also In Explorer, beneath the Network heading on the left hand side you will be able to get to see the machines that are there in the network. So you would be able to connect it to the user folder wit the help of that machine, so that’s what I am saying here, you should be doing with it. revert back to me if you have touched up on all the conditions that I have placed here, do let me know if that works for you or not, so that’s what I am saying here.
    Yes I have turned the sharing option on and plus on clicking near the network heading all I got to see was mouse icon started spinning and later it did not show up anything at all. god knows what can be the problem over here. however I would like to know what are your takes on this.