Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to fix download that terminates after only few kb?s in Mac OS X Lion

Operating Systems

Old 23-10-2011

How to fix download that terminates after only few kb?s in Mac OS X Lion

I recently started experiencing the downloading of files ending just after starting the download. This leaves a few kilobytes of information and a file name in my downloads folder and in any place without any explanation why. This occurs intermittently and is happening more and more. I recently upgraded to Lion v10.7.2, and I'm using Safari 5.1.1. It all started when I got my last iPhone4S, I upgraded my iPhone and ipad ,IOS5 others, and moved to my Mobile Me account icloud. I have the same experience a discharge current version of Chrome as well. I've been using the same supplier for years 12Meg download speed without incident. Confirm that there have recently made changes that affect my Internet experience.

Old 23-10-2011

Re: How to fix download that terminates after only few kb?s in Mac OS X Lion

Thus, your ISP would say no? Does your ISP impose a limit on the amount of data that can be downloaded in a month? Are you connecting with WiFi or Ethernet? They have to reset your router and modem cable if you have one?

You can take a look at your system logs with the Console application (in Applications / Utilities folder or from the Utilities folder Launchpad), if you are willing to search through a lot of information. On the Mac you can attempt some of the tools dslreports.com Internet connectivity. Are you experiencing any Internet connection or download problems in any other devices? You can try this on your iPhone or iPhone. Good luck. Troubleshooting network connectivity is rarely easy.
Old 23-10-2011

ISP limits - none that I know. And my problem is happening at the beginning of my billing cycle is not run into limits.WiFi / Ethernet - tried both. The same trouble in both. Router reset - Yes, a lot of times. No cable modem, with AT & T DSL modem / router in one box.

The records of the system - they were not kidding when he said "a lot of information"! But digging. Other devices - all other devices do not experience difficulties. This includes three PC Windows 7, two iPad2, ipad, an iPhone 4, iPhone and Macbook Pro 4S bad behavior. The last factor is concerned, of course, intermittent and affects only some (but unfortunately many), the download sites
Old 23-10-2011

What do the speed tests on both the Mac and other devices? Are they consistent? Have you tried downloading the same file from the same site on both the Mac and a PC with Windows 7?
Old 23-10-2011

Download speed test Mac (WiFi): 8.63Mbps, always between 7.5 to 9.0 in 20 tests. Download speed test on PC W7 (WiFi): 4.75Mbps, consisting of between 4.25 to 5.25 in 20 tests. Both tests used the same close, but not the fastest server in Speed Test.

Yes, have tried to download the same file from a website on the same two teams, both simultaneously and sequentially. Identical result: Download PC is fine, Mac is not (and I shudder as I write these words).
Old 23-10-2011

Well, it definitely seems to be something in the Mac then all I can suggest at this point is to monitor the console logs while trying to download to see what errors appear. I hope there's something there that gives a clue. I imagine another thing you can attempt, as their system is portable, is to see how it behaves in a different network.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , ,