Thread: How to install windows 8 from mounted ISO file ?

How to install windows 8 from mounted ISO file ?

HI, I wanted to install windows 8 developer preview version in my machine since I have gotten certain news about it, don’t know whether it would be possible to install this operating system with the mounted ISO file or we have to burn the disk first and then only we can install it? Let me tell you as I have currently installed windows 7 in my machine so is it necessary to remove that first and then install this newer one. See I am not aware about any such fact yet and that’s why I am confused so off course it would be better if someone just tell me about the exact procedure to install the windows. Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: How to install windows 8 from mounted ISO file ?

See it is not necessary to install the windows after moving the previous one but still it would be better if you remove it and then clean install the another version, but here there is a twist again as if you try this way then you must have to install the windows through any disk only and you’ll not be able to install it from any mounted ISO. And that’s why only you should first try to download the windows from the internet and so that you can mount it. Again for mounting as well there are various software that you can make use of after downloading the actual file and the one which I would recommend is the ISO maker or you can have daemon tools.

After downloading the file you just have to mount it to this software and as the file get mounted it will start prompting for installing the windows through the windows. And just follow the steps which come in to view, and the installation will begin itself.

Though I am agree with the above user but moreover to this I would like to recommend you that you should try to download the beta version from the official website only, so that you wont get any problem with installation.

Yes off course you can do that, just ensure that you are not firing up the setup.exe at the root directory. because it will straightly install on C drive and replace whatever older windows you have on it; thus go to the sources folder, and fireup the setup.exe in that folder. the screen will come in to view asking you to choose partitions to install the OS, then everything goes as usual.

while setup had copied the install files and expanded to 27%, it will reboot and leave windows 7 as you are currently using that one, or simply whatever operating version you were using behind, therefore it won't do any harm to the about to install operating system.

Well, it is always recommended to make installation of the operating system through the disk only that’s simply means a clean install rather than this way. Because I have experienced so many problem with my older windows 7 while I installed it this way. And after that when I installed from the same file with clean install, everything was fine, without any problem the operating system was installed and working perfectly.

Actually the thing is like when we do installation through any ISO it just won’t format the machine rather the previous installed or currently installed windows is been kept inside a folder called older version or something like that but it won’t format the machine. anyways its exclusively your own opinion whether to install which way.

Hey thanks for the above suggestion but still can you please tell me from where can I downloaded the same, because the worst thing is like I have tried to search it on the official website itself but haven’t get the setup file that I can download. can you please give some downloading links for both 32Bit and 64BIT version, I am not sure which one would be better but want to have both of them.

How is it possible; really they don’t have any LINK on their official site?

Anyways get it from here, as when I was searching the same I came across this thread which is having downloading Links in it.