Thread: windows 8 developer preview stuck at 30% installation with error

windows 8 developer preview stuck at 30% installation with error

Hi, I am having very unknown error with my machine as when I was trying to install the newer OS version from the Microsoft as I have mentioned in the title. I have tried 2 to 3 times but having same problem while installation as I have mentioned in the Image.

Any idea what could be the problem with the installation? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: windows 8 developer preview stuck at 30% installation with error

I think there could the some problem with the setup file you have downloaded from the internet and that’s why I would like to suggest you that you should get the installation file again from the internet and then try to install the windows again. And I think it seems that you must be having corrupted setup for sure, from where have you downloaded the file?

It would be always great that you should get the software from the legitimate website only that’s the Microsoft only rather than any other website.

Are you trying to install it through the mounted ISO file or from any disk or USB? Because if suppose you are trying to install the windows from any mounted ISO then you may get problem with it and generally such problems occurs for sure. Thus try to install the operating system from the burned DVD rather than mounting ISO file.

I am agree with the above user as if you are trying to install this windows from ISO then you should try to first get it burned or write to any DVD and then try to install it again in your machine from that DVD but still you can have another option as well like you can install it from any other media as well such as USB flash driver but again it would be something next to complicated, and the best rather recommended way is to install it from the disk only. Moreover to this did you try to re-download the image because group of users has stated this problem.

If you are keep getting same problem again and again with different setup as well, so I think it would be better if you approach any system engineer for further assistance because I think it is quite difficult to figure out what could be the problem, or simply I would say you should stick with the older version that you were using previously, and let the final version get release so that you can have that only for your machine.

try clean installing the windows 8 in your machine with another partition rather than the one you have already tried.

yeah that’s quite good but still I have read the thread from here itself as surely we can install the operating system from the ISO file as well.

How to install windows 8 from mounted ISO file ?

and they have mentioned that it is possible, so are they absolutely wrong?

And apart I have tried downloading the software from the official website but still they didn’t have provided any such Link on their website and that’s why we have to get it from another site, ok please tell me from where can I have this OS? Any downloading LINK?

Well, neither they are wrong nor above users are wrong but still the thing is like most of the time we used to get such error with the installation, let’s say about 50 to 60% of the overall installation rest of other use to get error this way while installing the operating system from mounted ISO. But there isn’t any doubt that we can’t install operating system this way.

But still it is always recommended to install the windows through the burned disk only rather than this way because while you install it from the ISO it just won’t format the HDD partition rather simply install the newer version in the same partition.

You can download it from here itself, I think you haven’t ever searched it yet. Because this is been discussed too earlier.

Download windows 8 free full version