Thread: Directory Utility in Mac OS X Lion

Directory Utility in Mac OS X Lion

Using Lion on a less than 1 year old 27" imac. The last thing that happened before the trouble: i was by means of image capture, quick books and preview and on all 3 apps; I got the spinning beach ball. Then i force give up each app, by no means would open (just sustained to bounce on the dock). I tried to reboot but the imac did not even reboot. Then i had no alternative but to hold the power button until the imac shut off. I then twisted back on and the trouble now:

i cannot login to the imac using the "other" login. We make use of the directory utility to login into windows 2003 domain and this worked up until now. So now, i cannot acquire to all my data on the other login screen. Has anyone seen this before and what do i need to do? Any logs i can look at?

Re: Directory Utility in Mac OS X Lion

Sorry I can't help you with your specific problem, but there are lots of logs. Use the Console app (in Applications/Utilities or from Launchpad/Utilities) to access and search all of them.

i ended up unbinding then re-binding and now it seems to work. if you have any further query than do let me know.