Thread: How to use Leopard Address Book layout in Mac OS X Lion

How to use Leopard Address Book layout in Mac OS X Lion

Is there any method to make use of the classic layout of Address Book from Snow Leopard, in Lion? I attempt consecutively the Address Book app from Snow Leopard; nevertheless it gets a mistake when opening in Lion. I imagine the new-fangled Address Book is unattractive and far less functional than Leopard’s. An option to use the old layout and design would be MUCH appreciated!

Re: How to use Leopard Address Book layout in Mac OS X Lion

I have the same opinion I don't like the address book either nevertheless I've not found any way to alter it back!

Yes have the same opinion Address Book in Lion is absolute disaster. Awful graphics, puzzling counter-intuitive interface, huge reduction in functionality compared with Snow Leopard. What an discomfiture Apple.

I too have attempt nevertheless Snow Leopard Address Book doesn't run in Lion. Help please.

Apple has twisted a number of amazing apps.Apps that are enhanced, in most compliments, than what you discover on a PC and about as specialized as apps get.apps like Final Cut, Aperture, Garage Band and so many more.

An app that manage your time, contacts, and e-mail, is indispensable to most users, and they've done a greater job with Mail for Lion.

I have the same opinion. I require to read the notes while also being capable to perceive the full list of groups. We need three pane views to do this. I can't work professionally by means of the two pane limitation under Lion. Bring back Address Book three pane views

Address book is a tragedy. i am stunned. Losing the capability to observe groups, people, and cards at the say time is an entirety unsuccessful. Address book is dead to me. FIX THIS APPLE!

I endure this unintelligent layout on the ipad, but on the desktop, why make it so solid to make use of? Now I have to jump back and forth to sight group and individuals? It makes it not potential to sort people into groups, find people in groups!

I fully have the same opinion that the Lion address book app is offensive and even inferior to use than the one in SL and support the views above! Even in SL address book was hard to make use of with diverse accounts and important use of groups as it was not perceptible which group a card belonged to, making it hard to sort out duplicates.

Ideally every card would show which groups/accounts it belongs to with the opportunity to modify that. The Snow leopard address book look like publicity stunt from the early days of desktop computing and power be suitable for casual/family users nevertheless is completely inappropriate for corporate, let alone multi-server/account use!

I too would like to be capable to use the 3 pane view of address book that was previously obtainable in Snow Leopard. Is there any method by which we be able to acquire back to that? I locate the 2 pane vision moderately unproductive.

Contactizer express or Pro has the 3 pane view. It works extremely fine and sync mechanically with Address Book Lion 10.7.2

As I am convinced you have gathered, pretty much everyone would like the new Apple Address Book for Lion to revert to the version used in Leopard and Snow Leopard.

For me having three panes is essential, having Groups is essential, having the ability to quickly see who is in which group would be great and, possibly most important of all, having the ability to Edit the Distribution List for all those people who seem to have email addresses for home, work and play, but you only want to send a group email to one address.
    Apple Address Book had this facility in OS X 10.5 and 10.6 but it seems that a couple of children have been let loose on the development of this Lion version

All I can say is thank goodness I have a 3 panel address book back. I can see the direction Apple is going with OS X and I don't like. Lion ruined 3 apps.
    • iCal
    • Expose
    • Address Book