Thread: Need suggestion on new metro start menu look of windows 8.

Need suggestion on new metro start menu look of windows 8.

As the subject says, do you like the Metro latest Start Menu look of windows 8or do you like better the old Start Menu of W7?

Re: Need suggestion on new metro start menu look of windows 8.

I don't like the latest Start screen of w 8 for some reasons. I did give it a fair option and I'm attentive it is still pre-beta but there are primary problem with it: It just recommend not sufficient functionality on the initial level while at the similar time using the entire screen. This makes logic on a mobile machine with the “go and glance “formation.
    • Helpful functionality is disappeared: the "fresh" list in the Windows 7 Start menu was shining for the reason that you don't have to look for each time for applications that you only apply from time to time and don't desire to pin.
    • Where are the Lists of Jump? With W 7 it was tremendously speedy and simple to open again the last Word document you were functioning on with no one sole action from the user to personalize everything:- open Start menu, hover over Word in the fresh applications list, choose the first document from the Jump List. Good luck with chance the last document in W8! It is not achievable any longer.
    • Direct search only workings for applications but not for control panel fundamentals or files. Makes opening a lot slower
    • Also several and extended mouse movements are necessary for basic tasks.

I am a maintain technician and I have been having a hell of a struggle with the information that all my customers desire two or three monitors so they will have an application running on every of them. later than dozens of discussion it appears the informal user needs his applications full screen and even disgusted overlapping windows. I tried the whole thing to instruct them how to work with several windows, no one needs to use the task bar, varying focus using the mouse or yet less alt-tab. Metro has set aside the facility to swipe applications in and I discover the outcome elegant. I have been using a mouse-keyboard and pen tablet... it workings. Possibly Microsoft are on to great...

As I have talk about before now. It's similar to they want to look up impressive but weren't talented to....Metro is a vast step backwards concerning workflow, even when by a touch screen, I assume. So why generating Metro which is more helpful (if at all) when utilizing a touch screen only? Nearly all users don't utilize windows 8 with a touch screen and would immobilize it. Now and then I can't identify with the method M$ is philosophy if they do at all.....

Windows 8 has been built with the capability to notice both keyboard/ mouse AND/OR touch screen (different Apple's approach, which wants 2 Operating systems), the Metro thing should completely not be required upon users. If something let them make Metro simply the default on touch screen devices. Listen this time around Microsoft: alternatives, NOT boundaries TO recognized WAYS OF COMPUTING IS WHAT WE desire AND require. Be required upon users. If something let them make Metro simply the default on touch screen devices. Listen this time around Microsoft: alternatives, NOT boundaries TO recognized WAYS OF COMPUTING IS WHAT WE desire AND require.

This metro method with tiles isn't horrific, but it shouldn't put back typical start menu.. And should be feasible to simple button which is authoritatively by Microsoft between it, and entirety disable, but remain the entire latest features like new dialogs, Task Manager, etc. myself I select old one , because of superior start menu, I associate to it by registry edit.

I can observe it operational well in positive situations like phones and tablets possibly even touch screens. But on a average desktop devoid of touch screen it’s a step back because it now want extra work just to obtain to the core elements of system control panel. Even this is a long way from complete and I am convinced they are going to present the alternative to use both the metro and standard desktop. Be sort of tough to not keep in mind that lesson from vista. As for the operating system itself it’s surely going the correct way. It’s just mechanism smoothly and the latest boot feature is sort appalling in its speed.

I have varied approach about this latest Metro UI. Would I utilize on an W8 Tablet. in no doubt, I would apply it. On my desktop as power customer, the reply is than extremely easy. It will by no means be. IMHO, Microsoft should manufacture detection in the setup of W8 for touch screen display. If you have one, it then should give the consumer the alternative to select the latest Metro UI. But there should too be an application on the Metro UI so that the consumer can switch between the two UI's, specifically Metro or the standard one. One more idea is to utilize in a split computer screen way if you have dual monitors in utilize. One monitor has the Metro; the additional monitor can have the standard.
    This would certainly advantage a lot of developers.

The extra I find out how to apply this latest Operating System the better I like it. I establish a neat method to access the entire my applications in metro on my computer... the Windows Q key and Start Key on my keyboard, then click 'Applications', only click it one time though, two clicks will unlock some applications that you maybe don't want open. What I am discovered is that I like several of old desktop style and several metro. I wait for to discover better uses as I go.